Achilles tendon sore, grrr

U

Unregistered

I overdid it today.

I bumped up an exercise routine too fast and even though I'm a faithful weekend (and two weeknights) exerciser (same routine) this time I bumped it up two notches and now I'm paying for it. My left achilles tendon is screaming at me. Right one isn't too bad, but the left one wants my head.

If I don't move, I'm fine, no pain. But if walk more than 10 steps it starts to ache.

I'm going to ice it tonight and tomorrow morning spend some time in a hot bath.

How long before this simmers down, in a normal world?

I'm not a couch potato but nor am I a triathlete.

Muchas Gracias

I was always under the impression that the medical matters forum related medical certification issues...not general health issues. You probably need to see a Dr. If you're looking for medical advice.

That said, my Achilles tendon took PT and nearly 18 months to heal.

Yeah, I know. But this just happened last night and I want to whine about it. Doc isn't even open yet today. I plan to see if he can take me in or not. I have a regularly scheduled annual physical on Wednesday but I may as well have him look at this.

I iced the heck out of it last night (slept on a covered ice bag, and replenished it during the night) and this morning it's not too bad although I haven't done much more than go up and down the stairs, slowly. I haven't made any fast moves.

I could take a hot soak right now, is that too soon, should I continue icing for a few days?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back