ACF50 fogger

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to do this?
Harbor Freight spray gun - suction or gravity. A couple squirts where needed and let the fog drift around.

FYI: Corrosion X is a better product. Most offshore helicopter ops switched to X years ago. Made a huge difference.

I just finished treating my RV10 with X. I started doing some spot work with a spray bottle which is effective to a limited extent.

I then bummed a sprayer with the all important extensions which atomize the X at the tip. Very effective equipment. Ready for the Bahamas.

If it’s an option perhaps you too can bum the equipment from someone. I can’t imagine any kind of paint equipment being very effective... but my experience is very limited here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think it will fog the way acf50 will.
To each their own. AlI I can add is that in the years I used X on a weekly basis on a revolving fleet of aircraft flying and living in the GOM it applied easier and provided a better protection layer than 50 ever did. And that was using paint guns and aerosol cans because the $750 special sprayers wouldn't last more than 2 years of regular use. Good luck.

B206, I'm not doubting your experience, only sharing what I have encountered. Perhaps my fogging issues with Corrosion X have been due to the applicator rather than the material.

have been due to the applicator
Give a paint spray gun a try. Adjust the pattern to a circle vs fan. Normally a 1.3-1.5 tip works best but depends on gun. Play with the flow adjustment and trigger travel to get a medium mist that doesn't not "sink" at full open.

We wound up buying an air compressor sprayer wand that has tubing to introduce fluids. The corrosion X sprayed amazingly well out of this and when we fogged the wings the "fog" continued to roll out of the upper edges of the wings for a good 10 minutes after we stopped spraying.

I would do it not long AFTER an annual. Some shops gripe about any leakage going on, at least mine did. I used the ‘X’, got wherever I could.

I see it’s done.

Back