Ab initio

Yea this is spot on. Someone told me he is in his 40s? Not sure if that is true or BS. I have to admit he looks way younger than that. But yea...I think you hit the nail on the head. I think he has been trying to conjure up a mZeroA type channel/ground school. Not sure how successful it’s been. I imagine that is a brutal space to try and compete in.

In the Why I QUIT being an Airline Pilot video he said he's 27.

I loved my time as an instructor. I still think it'd be fun to instruct tailwheel, seaplane, or other interesting stuff. But alas I've got bills to pay, and as a city boy those bills aren't gonna get paid by an instructing gig. Money isn't everything, but it's not *nothing* either.

I know this may sound like small beans to some; but I had figured I could get to a point where I could do $60-80K a year with the tailwheel business I was doing 5 years ago just running my own airplane and working with owners. It all depends on how and what you want to do and you can make a living at it if you try. Right now I’m enjoying the aerial photography gig but I do want to instruct more in the future. Had a talk with one of my old students today and the personal work is very rewarding still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta imagine the military guys find the civilian flying boring as can be. Which I can totally understand. I imagine the airlines are much more appealing to the civilian. But what do I know

My kid brother is ex-military McDonnell Douglas Hornet pilot, and later instructor. Now flies Boeing 787s. Loves the technology packed into it and the places it can go non-stop. I've seen a few of his Hornet HUD vids. Says the thing he misses is down low and fast.

My kid brother is ex-military McDonnell Douglas Hornet pilot, and later instructor. Now flies Boeing 787s. Loves the technology packed into it and the places it can go non-stop. I've seen a few of his Hornet HUD vids. Says the thing he misses is down low and fast.

That’s badass!

Back