AARP is out to get me

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
I'm 45 years old. Why is AARP haunting me. They keep sending me mailers. I cannot join until 50 years. They are making me feel old.
Stop it already. :no:

Next I will have to start flying old man LSA airplanes. Just kidding to all you LSA owners. :wink2:

You ARE old...!!!! :rofl:

They started hitting me up at around that age. Now I am even starting to get senior citizen discounts at some restaurants...

Ok, now repeat after me.... "Get off the grass, you dang kids..!!!!"

And I listen to 80's - 90's music and my kids music gets on my nerves. LOL
Oh if you call that Autotune computer generated music crap, music.

If you don't join AARP ,you won't get old. Age is only a number.

You ARE old...!!!! :rofl:

They started hitting me up at around that age. Now I am even starting to get senior citizen discounts at some restaurants...
I went to a brothel in Alaska and they insisted on giving me a senior citizen discount.

Sure, it was a museum now, but still.....

Ron Wanttaja

Eh. they sent an application to my daughter, age 11. Methinks their lead identification is not so good.

I'm 45 years old. Why is AARP haunting me. They keep sending me mailers. I cannot join until 50 years. They are making me feel old.

Next I will have to start flying old man LSA airplanes. Just kidding to all you LSA owners. :wink2:

AARP is hurting because they are a liberal lobby and the elderly are dumping them for supporting Obama's Medicare thefts.

My 1 year old CTLSi SLSA has fuel injection, 120ktas cruise, all carbon fiber, strutless high wing, 50 inch wide cockpit with an all plane BRS parachute.

I have dual Dynon Skyviews 10 inch with integrated 2-Axis Autopilot, ADS-B, Mode S transponder, Garmin Aera 796 GPS/WAAS, and a GTR 225 10watt radio. I also have XM weather and music integrated.

I run at 3.5 gph on 91E10 autogas. I have a 1200 nm range and a 1200 fpm climb.

I assume you are flying in a 30 year old Cessna tin beast? What is your fuel burn? How fast do you climb? How does that narrow, loud, vibrating, steam gauged, oil burning, 100LL gas guzzling, no view cockpit working for you?

Why do you assume all old timers are going LSA. LSA is it's own class of flying ,you should try it before you get to old.

Try being 31 and keep getting them. I can't figure out where they got my name from.

AARP is hurting because they are a liberal lobby and the elderly are dumping them for supporting Obama's Medicare thefts.

My 1 year old CTLSi SLSA has fuel injection, 120ktas cruise, all carbon fiber, strutless high wing, 50 inch wide cockpit with an all plane BRS parachute.

I have dual Dynon Skyviews 10 inch with integrated 2-Axis Autopilot, ADS-B, Mode S transponder, Garmin Aera 796 GPS/WAAS, and a GTR 225 10watt radio. I also have XM weather and music integrated.

I run at 3.5 gph on 91E10 autogas. I have a 1200 nm range and a 1200 fpm climb.

I assume you are flying in a 30 year old Cessna tin beast? What is your fuel burn? How fast do you climb? How does that narrow, loud, vibrating, steam gauged, oil burning, 100LL gas guzzling, no view cockpit working for you?

What plane is towing you when you get those numbers?

Brand recognition. They want you to remember AARP when you really are old enough.

That is 100% true.... Just about everyone I know that is/ was a AARP member has not renewed based on that exact issue.....

When Pelosi said " you have to pass the bill to know what is in it" The AARP rallyed around her like she was a rockstar........

Now that we know the true results of Obamacare, most older people HATE the fact they paid into the system for their entire life, and now it is given away to the " less fortunate", and they got the shaft.....:mad2::mad2:...:mad:

It's funny to think that all the hippies I knew when I was a pre-teen are now running AARP.

Which explains everything you need to know about that organization.

Ok I was just kidding about the LSA comments ;) LSA = old man no medical required. What's next. I get a corvette or a gold wing motor cycle.

Yea, I knew you were kidding, but what you say is partly true. A lot of guys that cant pass the med are flying as sport pilots, and many have just decided to go ahead and trade in their certifieds for LSAs.

I just want to let folks know that not all LSAs are the same animal. The Flight Design CTLSi is a miniature CIRRUS. The avionics I have are not certified, but are state of the art. Comparing old Cessnas to my plane is not a fair fight. Its like comparing Joe Louis in his 60s to a fresh kid boxing today.

Yea, I knew you were kidding, but what you say is partly true. A lot of guys that cant pass the med are flying as sport pilots, and many have just decided to go ahead and trade in their certifieds for LSAs.

I just want to let folks know that not all LSAs are the same animal. The Flight Design CTLSi is a miniature CIRRUS. The avionics I have are not certified, but are state of the art. Comparing old Cessnas to my plane is not a fair fight. Its like comparing Joe Louis in his 60s to a fresh kid boxing today.

I flew a CT (before it was the CTLS), and liked it a LOT.

I sure wish they would loosen that speed restriction, though. I don't want to fly at 120 knots in Texas.

(Is there any "black market" for speed mods on these planes? Heck, our island is awash with golf carts that go WAY faster than the mandated speed limit... :lol:)

I just want to let folks know that not all LSAs are the same animal. The Flight Design CTLSi is a miniature CIRRUS.

:rolleyes2:

Would you like me to post the Prius vs Bugatti picture again?

I flew a CT (before it was the CTLS), and liked it a LOT.

I sure wish they would loosen that speed restriction, though. I don't want to fly at 120 knots in Texas.

(Is there any "black market" for speed mods on these planes? Heck, our island is awash with golf carts that go WAY faster than the mandated speed limit... :lol:)

SLSA rules restrict the speed. Top speed is 140ktas.

The same basic design is stretched to make the C4, the certified version of the plane that will compete with new 182s. It uses the Continental IO-360-AF engine, dual fuel. And has an all Garmin G3x panel with the GTN 750...it will be full IFR.

If you wanted to go faster in an LSA, you can go experimental and do whatever you want. The Rotax 914 Turbo is the same engine in the Predator drone. And would push a plane like this to 150 ktas cruise no doubt.

I'm 45 years old. Why is AARP haunting me. They keep sending me mailers. I cannot join until 50 years.

The AARP blasted me with mailers when I was in my late 40's. Now that I'm in my mid 50's they have given up. I think I'm too old for the AARP now.

I have no intention of ever joining AARP (I'm 47 right now).

I don't feel any different than I did when I was 23 and just moved out and on my own. Age is a feeling, not a number, and if they start sending me stuff in the mail, it's going right into the garbage.

The same basic design is stretched to make the C4, the certified version of the plane that will compete with new 182s. It uses the Continental IO-360-AF engine, dual fuel. And has an all Garmin G3x panel with the GTN 750...it will be full IFR.

If you wanted to go faster in an LSA, you can go experimental and do whatever you want. The Rotax 914 Turbo is the same engine in the Predator drone. And would push a plane like this to 150 ktas cruise no doubt.

I'll ask again, what plane is towing you when you get those numbers? Or are you talking about being in a nose dive?

You mean that's what the advertising says it will have, it's Vaporware at this point and likely always will be.

If you wanted to go faster in an LSA, you can go experimental and do whatever you want.

No, you can't.

The latter part, I mean.

I did convert my SLSA Sky Arrow to ELSA, which for me carries HUGE benefits.

But all the LSA restrictions all still apply.

But what does any of this have to do with AARP?

Last edited:
No, you can't.

The latter part, I mean.

I did convert my SLSA Sky Arrow to ELSA, which for me carries HUGE benefits.

But all the LSA restrictions all still apply.

But what does any of this have to do with AARP?

Once your aircraft is E/LSA, and you have a PP or better with a valid medical, can you then say... adjust the prop pitch for higher speed and fly it outside LSA restrictions on you PP privileges?

My wife is a year older than I am, when she was approaching 50, I signed her up for AARP. A couple of weeks later she says "Why am I getting all this AARP stuff." "I signed you up." "What?" "I wanted the discounts and I'm not old enough on my own."

My wife is a year older than I am, when she was approaching 50, I signed her up for AARP. A couple of weeks later she says "Why am I getting all this AARP stuff." "I signed you up." "What?" "I wanted the discounts and I'm not old enough on my own."

Oh my! My wife would beat me with the pointy part of her high heeled shoes....

And that's when the fight started...:D

Once your aircraft is E/LSA, and you have a PP or better with a valid medical, can you then say... adjust the prop pitch for higher speed and fly it outside LSA restrictions on you PP privileges?

Pretty sure the answer is no.

The LSA limitations are all still in place.

For instance, even if I had a medical, I could not add a flight adjustable prop and still meet the LSA standard.

Though if I could, that might motivate me to get my medical back!

i've been getting aarp crap for few years now too. what i do is take everything out of the envelope and stuff it along with any other junk mail i might have back in their postage paid return envelope and mail it back to them.
because they pay the postage only on returned envelopes it's costing them money - i like that part!

i've been getting aarp crap for few years now too. what i do is take everything out of the envelope and stuff it along with any other junk mail i might have back in their postage paid return envelope and mail it back to them.
because they pay the postage only on returned envelopes it's costing them money - i like that part!

LOL - I'll have to remember that one.

Pretty sure the answer is no.

The LSA limitations are all still in place.

For instance, even if I had a medical, I could not add a flight adjustable prop and still meet the LSA standard.

Though if I could, that might motivate me to get my medical back!

I see quite a few LSAs that are speed restricted using ground adjustable props, but my question is really once Experimental, and being flown by a PP or better, does it still have to adhere to LSA rules if it is not being used by a pilot with Sport Pilot restrictions?

I would switch the envelopes. I would stuff the AARP info into a postage paid envelope for the credit card, and the credit card sign up stuff to AARP.

I see quite a few LSAs that are speed restricted using ground adjustable props, but my question is really once Experimental, and being flown by a PP or better, does it still have to adhere to LSA rules if it is not being used by a pilot with Sport Pilot restrictions?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does, via the Operating Limitations issued it as an LSA.

Love to be proven wrong, though!

if it is E-AB then you can change it to make it not comply with the LSA limitations, but then it can never go to back to being an LSA.

E-LSA / S-LSA I suspect this would (in theory) invalidate the airworthiness certificate.

The AARP blasted me with mailers when I was in my late 40's. Now that I'm in my mid 50's they have given up. I think I'm too old for the AARP now.
Same here.

I was all ready to do that to a solicitation from a cause I don't support which keeps sending me mailings. Then I saw that they don't use a prepaid envelope and require donors to include a stamp. :dunno:

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does, via the Operating Limitations issued it as an LSA.

Love to be proven wrong, though!
Don't think you will be, though.

Your Special Airworthiness Certificate states that the purpose is to "Operate Light-Sport Aircraft." The actual definition of Light Sport aircraft is in 14 CFR Part 1. A partial quote:

"Light-sport aircraft means an aircraft, other than a helicopter or powered-lift that, since its original certification, has continued to meet the following...."

Emphasis added.

If your aircraft no longer meets the definition, the Airworthiness is invalid.

Ron Wanttaja

Back