Aaarrrggghhh! Whimper

judypilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Judy Parrish
It's been iffy weather around here for MONTHS until about a week ago, when I scud-ran to Spokane to have the instrument panel upgraded. Now we're just starting another GLORIOUS weekend and my airplane is, as the avionics guy said, when I called this week (so far I've managed to control myself and call only once), "gutted with wires hanging all over."

I'm DYIN' here, folks! It was bad enough last weekend, but at least I had the Superbowl (and preparation for a party) to distract me, but now I've got nothing (sorry, basketball just doesn't do it for me).

Who wrote the law that says that flying weather is perfect only when your airplane is indisposed???? Whine whine whimper whimper.

Judy

Oh, poor baby . . . pat, pat, pat . . . it'll be ok, sweetie, it'll be all right.

;) I can only imagine!

Sniff. Thanks. I needed that. You guys are wonderful.

Judy

judypilot said:
It's been iffy weather around here for MONTHS until about a week ago, when I scud-ran to Spokane to have the instrument panel upgraded. Now we're just starting another GLORIOUS weekend and my airplane is, as the avionics guy said, when I called this week (so far I've managed to control myself and call only once), "gutted with wires hanging all over."

I'm DYIN' here, folks! It was bad enough last weekend, but at least I had the Superbowl (and preparation for a party) to distract me, but now I've got nothing (sorry, basketball just doesn't do it for me).

Who wrote the law that says that flying weather is perfect only when your airplane is indisposed???? Whine whine whimper whimper.

Judy

I feel your pain Judy. Mine was supposed to be flying Wednesday after a top overhaul for AD compliance and assorted other firewall forward items. We were short a couple of parts and they were being next day aired. On Thursday some of the parts came in but the fuel primer adapters for the cylinders did not arrive. They were shipped too late. So Friday was supposed to be the day. They got there but were wrong for the old style primer lines I had so we started to update those and found that we are again short a couple of part ARRRGHHHH!!.

Hopefully Monday afternoon she will be in the air. I hope you are able to get your baby flying soon as well.

It's not really taking longer than they promised, and I'm going to try to control myself and not try to anticipate when it will be ready. That said, they said it MIGHT be done next Friday (in time for the weekend!) but I'm enough of a pessimist to know that either (a) they won't really have it done and/or (b) the weather will turn to c*** again. It's the law.

Sigh.

Judy

judypilot said:

Judy
Ain't that the truth, Judy. The good news is that the snow is about to start falling here shortly and the Cherokee is in the avionics shop for IFR cert. The bad news is that both it and the helicopter go into annual in the next two weeks -- you know that's going to guarantee good weather...

judypilot said:
It's not really taking longer than they promised, and I'm going to try to control myself and not try to anticipate when it will be ready. That said, they said it MIGHT be done next Friday (in time for the weekend!) but I'm enough of a pessimist to know that either (a) they won't really have it done and/or (b) the weather will turn to c*** again. It's the law.

Sigh.

Judy

Having recently gone through about the same thing, I can certainly relate and you have my condolences. I spend part of the waiting time reading the manuals for the new equipment (multiple times) and the rest trying to stay busy enough to forget about the plane (unsuccessfully). Don't worry, it will be over soon and before you know it, spring will come.

That being said: I was scheduled to fly today, and burnt sacrificial chickens all week so my time would be clear (bet 12 - 3 PM). It was snowing lightly this morning, with more expected tonight. And...lo and behold, eleven AM rolls around, skies start to clear, ceilings lift, dewpoint spreads out...AND IT IS CLEAR and SUNNY RIGHT NOW... but my instructor had to cancel me ten minutes before the weather would have been all-go!

arrgghh! SOOOO....anyway, again sharing your pain. My first response was before my flight was canceled.

There, there Judy. Dont fret. Your plane will be finished soon and the weather will turn to poo again. It's the law of aviation.

Just remember, someone is enjoying the nice flying weather!!!

NC Pilot said:
There, there Judy. Dont fret. Your plane will be finished soon and the weather will turn to poo again. It's the law of aviation.

Just remember, someone is enjoying the nice flying weather!!!

Gosh, I feel a whole lot better now---NOT!!!;)

Yesterday afternoon turned out to be a bust anyway; couldn't even go hiking after weekend chores. I was asked to appear at 1415 to answer questions about some of the promotion packets in my college. Turned out all the deans were there, and we were basically kept in a holding pen and called in one at a time. Because my college is at the end of the alphabetical list, I was last, being finally called in shortly after 1700. Didn't get out until 1750, which meant the nice dinner I'd had planned with my husband was out the window (that may not seem reasonable, but in our household things are a little more complicated because of distance from town and other factors). Ended up getting a pizza and sitting in front of the TV.

But today looks to be spectacular again, so my whining will continue.:redface: :rofl:

Any excuse.;)

Judy

Was beautiful in the Palouse this weekend, wasn't it? My wife and I had meetings in Pullman yesterday, and got to the WSU/USC basketball game, too. Cougs WON!

The weather forecast just wasn't good enough soon enough for a VFR flight over on Friday and back today, so I drove. Of course, it would have been a PERFECT weekend for VFR flight across the state, both days. Oh well. You'll get your plane back soon enough. And I'll get back in the air (next weekend?).

Back