AA5B Tiger - Online POH

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
Guys,
I am trying to get checked out in a '75 AA5B this weekend. Anyone know where a POH is online so i can review procedures and speeds? I have <2hrs in one so i need to brush up. I found a 77 online but I also saw some info that speeds and such may be different between a 75 and 77-79. is that true?

thanks,

Are the '75 POH numbers in MPH and the later ones in knots? The manufacturers all switched over to knots around that time; and my '78 Cheetah POH had all speeds in knots with MPH in parentheses. Otherwise I don't know of any reason for performance numbers of Tigers built during the '70s being different from one another.

I agree with Pilawt. Can't imagine why the POH numbers would differ from '75 to '77.

Pilawt is correct. I have two versions of the AA5B handbook. One which was sold as representing 75 and 76 models (although it is not dated) is in MPH. The later one is labeled for years 77-79 and speeds are in both MPH and kts. There is no difference in airplane performance.

Pilawt is correct. I have two versions of the AA5B handbook. One which was sold as representing 75 and 76 models (although it is not dated) is in MPH. The later one is labeled for years 77-79 and speeds are in both MPH and kts. There is no difference in airplane performance.
ok thanks. I'll use the later one I found with knots and convert.

my CFI won't know the difference... he's from New England.:)

ok thanks. I'll use the later one I found with knots and convert.

If I recall correctly, the later POH has both knots and MPH and the original airspeed indicator in all years of Tiger have MPH on the outer scale and KTS on the inner scale. No need for converting.

Back