A380 Restaurant

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
First people are taking flights to nowhere, just to go flying commercial again. Now they are paying top dollar to eat in a plane that doesn't even move while you are on it. o_O WTF?

The first tickets sold out in half an hour; article.

And possibly one step worse, Finnair announced plans to sell its business class meals in grocery stores.

Since most seafood is put on ice right after it is brought onboard the fishing ship it should be as fresh in most cities. There are some limits to that of course.

My general rule is to never order seafood if you can't see the sea. How fresh do you think that seafood is in Kansas City?
I tend to agree.
Since most seafood is put on ice right after it is brought onboard the fishing ship it should be as fresh in most cities. There are some limits to that of course.
I suppose it depends on the distribution. When I lived in southern NJ, I'd never buy strawberries from the store, they got moldy sometimes inside the store. The farms were only 5 miles away!! The farm stands were fine. I buy strawberries from the store in Nebraska, labeled as from the same farms. They keep at least a week. I noticed the grocery distribution listed on the package is in Kansas City. I hypothesize they ship the berries to KC, then ship them to the stores all over the country! So...2 weeks round trip to NJ, 1 week to NE- fresher berries in NE.

First people are taking flights to nowhere, just to go flying commercial again. Now they are paying top dollar to eat in a plane that doesn't even move while you are on it. o_O WTF?

The first tickets sold out in half an hour; article.

Novel idea.

Hope the food is better than what they actually serve on airplanes.

Back