A summer fly-in at Bob Bement's place?

Made it home yesterday late afternoon/early evening. Had to weave a bit to avoid precip & turbulence from about RIW onward. Stopped at LAR to let storms move out of the Denver area. Had a late lunch at Shari's and launched at a sliver of blue sky in the right general direction. Did some more storm avoidance around Denver - thought I was Ted for a few minutes then I remembered I was SEL and didn't have dogs in the back - ended up going around the west side of the DEN surface area.

Thanks for hosting the fly-in/fly-out Bob. Flying around that part of the country is certainly an experience worth the effort to get there. The way we handled the flight brief and conducted the flights made them safe for most pilots. Folks don't be hesitant try it next year if Bob offers. Ask a few questions and *listen* to the advise. Along with Bob leading the way, John did a great job getting his 150 hp Warrior in and out of the canyons.

Made it home yesterday late afternoon/early evening. Had to weave a bit to avoid precip & turbulence from about RIW onward. Stopped at LAR to let storms move out of the Denver area. Had a late lunch at Shari's and launched at a sliver of blue sky in the right general direction. Did some more storm avoidance around Denver - thought I was Ted for a few minutes then I remembered I was SEL and didn't have dogs in the back - ended up going around the west side of the DEN surface area.

Thanks for hosting the fly-in/fly-out Bob. Flying around that part of the country is certainly an experience worth the effort to get there. The way we handled the flight brief and conducted the flights made them safe for most pilots. Folks don't be hesitant try it next year if Bob offers. Ask a few questions and *listen* to the advise. Along with Bob leading the way, John did a great job getting his 150 hp Warrior in and out of the canyons.

Glad you made it back ok I really enjoyed your company, Clark. Here is the picture Carol took of you over the Numbers ( if they painted numbers on grass) on your landing at Big Creek.

Attachments

• IMG_5980.JPG
    IMG_5980.JPG
    554.8 KB · Views: 16
And this is a picture Carol took at the Minam as you approached your touch down.

Attachments

• IMG_5901.JPG
    IMG_5901.JPG
    492.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5902.JPG
    IMG_5902.JPG
    534.2 KB · Views: 13
Coming out of Big creek Carol took this picture out of the back seat, as Scott was my Copilot at the time. This is what I was told is called Kettle lakes.

Attachments

• IMG_6002.JPG
    IMG_6002.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 14
I got home about 10:40 local. 4 hours 10 minutes from Payette, ID. Smooth and uneventful. I took a much needed nap and now ready to total up my hours from this trip. I think most of my hours in the past year-to-date have been flying to Bob's slice of paradise.

See, this is one advantage to driving....

It was a nice fly-in even without an airplane! Thanks again Bob! You have to hold another one next year so I get a another chance to fly in.

I hope I can do just that Jim. I want to thank you and Jean for your long drive to make my event. I hope if I do host another next year you can fly your plane in. But be ready for the teasing that flying in might produce. All in fun, and I really had a lot of fun with each and every one that showed up.:yes:

Man... Wish I could have made it. That's beautiful country out there, and it's been about 6 years since the last time I flew into it!

Here's a shot of John departing Red's with the 'kota parked at the Minam. Photo needs to be cropped...

As can easily be seen, we able to put most of the big pieces back on the 'kota after the "arrival"...we did put the wings on backwards the first time. :rofl:

Attachments

• photo35.JPG
    photo35.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Here's a shot of John departing Red's with the 'kota parked at the Minam. Photo needs to be cropped...

As can easily be seen, we able to put most of the big pieces back on the 'kota after the "arrival"...we did put the wings on backwards the first time. :rofl:

Good picture, Clark. We hadn't seen that one before.
:yes:

Yes, great picture! As I posted on the PB, with that part of the runway not mowed from the parking area to the river by the Minam, Red's strip is only 1900' long! :yikes:

You must of been off of the ground in about 1500 ft I would guess. and that picture Clark took of your take off from the Minam had you almost to TPA when you went over him.:yes:

Back