[A, sort of]California is desiccating![A, sort of]

So is there a way we can coerce the aliens to beam some water down to California?? Can dark energy be converted into H2O ?? I get that the aliens don't trust us with their tech, but couldn't they just covertly add some water in the night when no one is looking?? We could use that a lot more than abductions and anal probes.:yes::D

Dark Energy excites Dark Matter into H2O, it doesn't become anything itself. Water wouldn't be a problem with the technology we have now if we weren't so wasteful with energy.

Lets see...in this thread (http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum...t=83483&page=2 ) you got the country of origin wrong, you got the chemistry wrong, you got the types of compounds wrong. Basically everything. I cited my information, you just made it up as you typed out your responses.

As for knowing the industry... what are you, a dealer? at least I worked with the people involved on the law enforcement side and wrote this: http://www.isco.com/WebProductFiles/Applications/101/Application_Notes/AN96_Cannabinoids.pdf

Where are your writings and citations?

By it, do you mean relativity or quantum mechanics? Either is true, but there is nothing that supports your writings. Those theories made predictions that have so far been verified. Your writings make no predictions that can be tested.

Your science is very questionable at best; thorium as a fossil fuel: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-75068.html

Nothing supports it because no one has considered it, it's the inherent problem will all conceptual thought. Until someone looks in the right place, the truth is impossible to find. The place to look is anomalies within the mind and other life (all life created the energy, only sentient life can create information and observations) not in space. Science considers life a random chaotic occurrence, as long as that is the standard, we will always miss seeing the truth.

OTOH, nothing defies it either.

Umm, no. That's true for real quantum physics, not the gibberish you're making up.

There is no evidence whatsoever for "exciting dark matter" nor any meaning for the phrase, for instance.

Sorry, Henning, you have it very wrong.

Can you show me evidence that refutes it?

The only thing I'd add, is that 3 years isn't much of a historical trend in the field of climate. While the snowpack levels may have reduced over that period, I can't imagine anyone (short of environmental extremists) would claim that they have causation for MMCG based off of a 3-yr period of info.
And if you read that paper (or even just the abstract), you'll see their claim is based on analysis of data going much farther back than the last 3 years.
I believe the point Jim was making regarding the snowpack depletion was because of the rain itself causing some of the melting. If the same amount of moisture falls on the Sierras, but as rain and not snow . . . is it still a drought due to lack of snowpack? :dunno: Sure, the snowpack delays the water from reaching Cali, but technically the same amount of water ends up there.
Not quite. Even if the same amount of precipitation falls, if the temperature is higher, more of it evaporates so less reaches the population centers. But from what I've read, precipitation in any form has been much reduced during the last few years, with the possible exception of, I think it was, May of this year.

One interesting thing on the weather front, we haven't had a hurricane hit the East Coast in 3 seasons now, and I think it's 4 or 5 since we had one hit Florida.

We are not a random accident of chaos, we are a designed component of a system we call "The Universe" and a sentient species are a primary tool of creation on the quantum level. We were designed to go forth in the universe and observe it into existence as well as think and create new information (the reason we have to have free will) and more Dark Energy, the byproduct of metabolizing matter into thought.

Why don't you just say that you believe in creationism?

You just put the creationist argument into some mumbo-jumbo from physics and cosmology.

Which science fiction author are you "borrowing" from now?

Dark Energy excites Dark Matter into H2O, it doesn't become anything itself. Water wouldn't be a problem with the technology we have now if we weren't so wasteful with energy.

Wow. Interesting cosmology/physics and chemistry

Nothing supports it because no one has considered it, it's the inherent problem will all conceptual thought. Until someone looks in the right place, the truth is impossible to find. The place to look is anomalies within the mind and other life (all life created the energy, only sentient life can create information and observations) not in space. Science considers life a random chaotic occurrence, as long as that is the standard, we will always miss seeing the truth.

OTOH, nothing defies it either.
I'm trying to figure out what that says....it reads like something the sci.chem trolls write. I see creationism in there again though, in the bolded part.

Can you show me evidence that refutes it?
Being it is just part of a model, we can only say something is happening. We don't know what, and you sure don't either.

Of course, under a creationist model as you describe above, anything is possible.

It rains.... A certain segment of whiners swear its mmgw.

It doesn't rain... The same whiners swear it's mmgw.

It is unseasonably warm in Ohio for a few days in February.... Some whiner academic swears it's mmgw.

It's unseasonably chilly in June... what a shock, same whiners swear it's mmgw.

Point out idiocy of the claims,get accused of being a Neanderthal that was killed off by mmgw.

Weather changes all the time. While cal-mexi-china is having a dearth of rain, Florida is having plenty. Over ten years ago NOAA pointed out that we were entering an expected fifty year wet cycle.

Weenies are claiming it's all because of mmgw.

A decade without hurricanes? No prob. Mmgw.

Hurricane? Yep. Mmgw.

I see a pattern.

You hit the nail on the head.
When I was in high school the scientists were claiming we were headed for an ice age because of man's evil industrial ways.
Then it went to global warming, the seas would rise by several inches before 2015 and the ice caps would be nil..
The earth has had ice ages followed by warming even when man and his combustion engine were not present on this planet...

Follow the money, carbon taxes, carbon credits. It's a ploy

One interesting thing on the weather front, we haven't had a hurricane hit the East Coast in 3 seasons now, and I think it's 4 or 5 since we had one hit Florida.

See, there is a silver lining to dooms day.

When I was in high school the scientists were claiming we were headed for an ice age because of man's evil industrial ways.
Then it went to global warming, the seas would rise by several inches before 2015 and the ice caps would be nil..
The earth has had ice ages followed by warming even when man and his combustion engine were not present on this planet...

As someone once said:"Never let a good crisis go to waste".

I always find this argument rather ridiculous... you do realize that argument cuts both way right? There is massive amounts of money in things staying as they are.

Why don't you just say that you believe in creationism?

You just put the creationist argument into some mumbo-jumbo from physics and cosmology.

Which science fiction author are you "borrowing" from now?

Wow. Interesting cosmology/physics and chemistry

I'm trying to figure out what that says....it reads like something the sci.chem trolls write. I see creationism in there again though, in the bolded part.

Being it is just part of a model, we can only say something is happening. We don't know what, and you sure don't either.

Of course, under a creationist model as you describe above, anything is possible.

I understand that you have a problem with original thought, but it does exist like many of the things you don't want to believe.

I understand that you have a problem with original thought, but it does exist like many of the things you don't want to believe.

It's not original.

It's Deepak Chopra.

If I were you, I wouldn't take him too seriously. He's a charlatan. The "original thought" is how to cheat people out of money for his books and seminars, by spouting gibberish. "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bulls**t."

I always find this argument rather ridiculous... you do realize that argument cuts both way right? There is massive amounts of money in things staying as they are.

Yeah, but the "wrong" people are making it.

Rich

No, I don't have a problem with original thought, but you haven't presented any original thought.

Your theories on personal responsibility come from Robert Heinlein (Starship Troopers, The moon is a Harsh Mistress), your economics seem to come from "For Us the Living", also by Heinlein.

Some of your comments about Aliens read like they are from Arthur C. Clarke (A Time Odyssey Series), where aliens destroy all other emerging species to reduce the rate of entropic decay in the universe.

We are not a random accident of chaos, we are a designed component of a system we call "The Universe" and a sentient species are a primary tool of creation on the quantum level. We were designed to go forth in the universe and observe it into existence as well as think and create new information (the reason we have to have free will) and more Dark Energy, the byproduct of metabolizing matter into thought.

Your cosmology is definitely creationism wrapped in pseudo science, with a bit of Carl Sagan (Contact) thrown in.

we just refuse to consider a model with a core intelligence and keep trying to prove how we are a random product of chaos.

Your quote above is what a lot of Creationists claim too; hardly original.

This reads more like your faith, and as a faith, you may believe what you want; I don't care. But please don't present it as science.

And if you read that paper (or even just the abstract), you'll see their claim is based on analysis of data going much farther back than the last 3 years.

I only specified 3-years because you said reduced snow pack since 2012. I wasn't inferring anything about the document you cited later.

I don't know what all of the worry is, I think I keep hearing that Cali was supposed to break off into the ocean in the next few years anyway. :lol:

I only specified 3-years because you said reduced snow pack since 2012. I wasn't inferring anything about the document you cited later.

I don't know what all of the worry is, I think I keep hearing that Cali was supposed to break off into the ocean in the next few years anyway. :lol:

And when it does, the lefties here will be right along to blame republicans and George Bush.

settled.png

--Carlos V.

Is cabbage a water intensive crop? How will this all affect the cole slaw supply?

As far as I can tell this drought is way worse than the one that ended in 91. Back then the reservoirs were low, but there was still snowpack in the mountains and water in the ground. Now the snowpack is largely gone and the farmers are pumping groundwater. Once that runs out there'll be nothing.

As far as I can tell this drought is way worse than the one that ended in 91. Back then the reservoirs were low, but there was still snowpack in the mountains and water in the ground. Now the snowpack is largely gone and the farmers are pumping groundwater. Once that runs out there'll be nothing.

Yup.....

Then chaos will set in....:yikes:

Yup.....

Then chaos will set in....:yikes:

A lot of unemployed farm workers and lost land values. There'll be food that we won't be able to get inexpensively here anymore. Almonds come to mind. Probably other vegetables too. I doubt it'll affect the economy of California much, except possibly dealing with folks displaced from the farms.

I really and truly hope none of this comes to pass, but it is larger than any of us. I think it's actually larger than all of us.

A lot of unemployed farm workers and lost land values. There'll be food that we won't be able to get inexpensively here anymore. Almonds come to mind. Probably other vegetables too. I doubt it'll affect the economy of California much, except possibly dealing with folks displaced from the farms.

I really and truly hope none of this comes to pass, but it is larger than any of us. I think it's actually larger than all of us.

I am hearing from very reliable sources that the mega farmers are sinking wells at an alarming rate and sucking the the aquafer dry.. The neighbors who have wells have had theirs dry up and are MAD as hell....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:..

Last edited:
I am hearing from very liable sources that the mega farmers are sinking wells at an alarming rate and sucking the the aquafer dry.. The neighbors who have wells have had theirs dry up and are MAD as hell....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:..

But, hey, it's all about individual water rights rules dating back a hundred years. I'll take what's mine and f--- the neighbors.

But, hey, it's all about individual water rights rules dating back a hundred years. I'll take what's mine and f--- the neighbors.

Hence the mega farmers attitude...

Just wait till the lowly neighbors march up the mega farmers operations with flaming pitchforks...;););)

Hence the mega farmers attitude...

Just wait till the lowly neighbors march up the mega farmers operations with flaming pitchforks...;););)

Whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting.
- Mark Twain

Another few years of drought and we'll get there.

I am hearing from very liable sources that the mega farmers are sinking wells at an alarming rate and sucking the the aquafer dry.. The neighbors who have wells have had theirs dry up and are MAD as hell....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:..

Old news...
http://www.capradio.org/articles/20...uare-miles-of-central-valley-land-is-sinking/

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...re-as-farmers-drill-for-water-during-drought/

But don't laugh about this, a large portion of the food consumed in the US comes from California.

It's not just MEGA farmers, it's ALL farmers. That is if you can get a well put in the first place. They are back logged for many many months.
I am from the central valley right smack dab in the middle of it, and my dad is a farmer............

Last edited:
But, hey, it's all about individual water rights rules dating back a hundred years.

That will probably end in the future, but many laws will need to be changed.
When putting a well in today, you better go much deeper than you normally would to protect yourself in the future.

But don't laugh about this, a large portion of the food consumed in the US comes from California.

A lot of vegetables I imagine, though lots of this is locally consumed dairy and such. I've read that in toto its about 5% of California's economy. We'll likely soon find out exactly how much of the Golden State's economy it is.

From that article-

But, they aren’t backing off planting new almond and pistachio trees.

“That is their life. If they can’t raise their crops, they are out of business,” Arthur said.

While California does produce lots of "real food", you know, the kind on the dinner plate, more and more it is turning to much more profitable specialty crops like nuts and grapes. I hate the argument one often hears that we should give the farmers whatever they want because we all need food to eat. More and more of the boring day to day fruits and vegetables are imported. We can no longer compete with other countries in many cases and that's why the farmers here have turned to more exotic crops. If the valley dries up and the farmers can't farm, we won't starve. We'll import the food just as we're doing now.

A big part of the problem is farmers have changed from row crops to permanent crops. The row crops provide flexibility in times of drought, but permanent crops do not. They have to be watered no matter what.

In all fairness, developers continue to build 5000 unit housing developments all over the state with little to no concern of where the water will come from to service those houses. No one is willing to challenge the wisdom of all this construction and agricultural planning because we fear it might damage the economy and people will lose their jobs, but water is what it is and if we don't get lots of rain soon, the economy is going to take a dive soon regardless.

That will probably end in the future, but many laws will need to be changed.
When putting a well in today, you better go much deeper than you normally would to protect yourself in the future.

I install monitoring wells for environmental investigation/remediation all over CA. This isn't that new of an issue, we have wells out in the Mojave that have been dropping ~3 ft/year for over a decade. Many of our new projects include longer well screens than we traditionally drilled, but we have to be careful not to cross-contaminate deeper aquifer zones.

In all fairness, developers continue to build 5000 unit housing developments all over the state with little to no concern of where the water will come from to service those houses. No one is willing to challenge the wisdom of all this construction and agricultural planning because we fear it might damage the economy and people will lose their jobs, but water is what it is and if we don't get lots of rain soon, the economy is going to take a dive soon regardless.

Agriculture has traditionally used the lion's share of California's water while returning only a pittance to its economy. Nothing fair about that either.

But you do enjoy eating right?? Food has to come from somewhere, right???? That takes water right????
The Lion's share of surface water goes to nature/environment... I have not done any research on ground water at this point....

Last edited:
But you do enjoy eating right?? Food has to come from somewhere, right???? That takes water right????
The Lion's share of surface water goes to nature/environment... I have not done any research on ground water at this point....

There are places in the US where water falls from the sky and crops grow in plenty.

The potential for being eyes on increases. You cannot see half of the moon, and there are a few anomalies on the mapping.
And you see even less standing on the moon.

There are places in the US where water falls from the sky and crops grow in plenty.

unfortunately their climates are not as conducive to grow certain crops otherwise they would grow them.

Instead of building a bullet train maybe we could build a water pipeline from other states that have offered us their plentiful water........OR how about a few more dams...... Solutions are simple, politicians are stupid.........

Back