A Rough Day

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
A number of you on this board know my wife Sue from Gaston's or AOPA Expo. Today she had surgery for breast cancer. It was a long day, but the procedure went well and no bad cells were found in the lymph nodes. So recovery looks very, very good.

She went in this morning with a fantastic positive mental attitude. Although right now she's still quite heavily sedatated, she's in good spirits...a real inspiration to me.

I'm just at home for a few minutes now to grab something to eat and then back to the hospital.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

She's in our prayers, Lance.

I probably don't have much pull with the Main Man, but I too will pray for a speedy and complete recovery. And for you to have the strength that you need as well.

Aw, Lance, I'm sorry to hear about the big C, but I'm glad that the surgery went well. It's early in the battle, but my thoughts and prayers are with you. This one can be beat.

Lance,

Hoping for the best for your wife and your family. I know how tough this can be. We are both praying for you both.

My thoughts for a speeding full recovery.

Facing cancer in my family right now. They have come a long way and use the other C word alot now. That other word is 'cured'

Lance, please tell Sue that Tom and I are thinking about her and wish her a speedy recovery. And tell her we are looking forward to seeing her at Gaston's again this year.

You are both in our prayers, Lance. Good luck with it and try and get the support that YOU need, too. It's hard on the whole family.

Count me in for as many prayers as you need, and then some, Lance.

-Rich

Lance F said:
A number of you on this board know my wife Sue from Gaston's or AOPA Expo. Today she had surgery for breast cancer. It was a long day, but the procedure went well and no bad cells were found in the lymph nodes. So recovery looks very, very good.

She went in this morning with a fantastic positive mental attitude. Although right now she's still quite heavily sedatated, she's in good spirits...a real inspiration to me.

I'm just at home for a few minutes now to grab something to eat and then back to the hospital.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

Sorry to hear about the cancer but glad for the positive outcome. From personal experience I can tell you she needs every bit of support you can muster at this point. And be sure to tell her that every one of your POA buddies is pulling for her (I know I'm not "authorized to speak for all of us, but I know it's true anyway).

Last edited:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Looking forward to meeting you both at Gaston's this year!

lancefisher said:
Sorry to hear about the cancer but glad for the positive outcome. From personal experience I can tell you she needs every bit of support you can muster at this point. And be sure to tell her that every one of your POA buddies is pulling for her (I know I'm not "authorized to speak for all of us, but I know it's true anyway).

You have my authorization to speak for me.

Lance F., best wishes to you and your wife.

I'm sorry to hear she has to go through that, Lance .. but happy
things went well.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family as you
support her through this.

RT

Lance. Sounds like she is well on her way to recovery. That is great! Keep us posted and my prayers are with you and Sue also.

I hope everything continues to go well and she has a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to both of you.

Gary.

Ed Guthrie said:
You have my authorization to speak for me.

Lance F., best wishes to you and your wife.

What Ed said.

Lance, I feel your pain, somewhat, though not a spouse. Grandpa (92 yo!) went to the hospital at 3 AM this morning, for the third time in the last couple of days. They finally decided that he was having a heart attack and they put him on a helicopter to Harrisburg (from State College, PA). Luckily another relative was staying with them and gave Grandma a ride to Harrisburg to be with him for a bit, then back to State College for her first Chemo session in her own battle with breast cancer, then back to Harrisburg again. :eek:

Looking forward to seeing both of you again at Gaston's. :yes:

Wow. The comments here are so much appreciated. Sue is home and in good spirits. It's tough for her to move, and she has some pain (and OxyContin to help that B) ). Lance is being a good nurse :D .

With such a good support network of family, church and friends (like PoA people), Sue and I will come out of this better than ever. Thanks again everyone. We look forward to seeing many of you at Gaston's!

Thats good she is home Lance. May the both of you get some much needed rest. I hope she has a speedy & safe recovery.

Wow Lance, I'm sorry, somehow I missed this thread.

Your wife is now in my prayers every night. I hope everything turns out perfect.

My mother-in-law is a 10 year survivor at 79...PMA is a big part of it, she just refused to accept anything other than total recovery....she sends her encouragement and prayers.

;)

Just found this. Best wishes from me, too. This is something all us women of a certain age give at least a passing thought to every time we get a mammogram. The good news is it seems to be highly treatable, and that your wife had the best possible outcomes, with no rogue cells in the lymph nodes.

Judy

Back