A&P Knowledge Tests

Skymac

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
Has anyone taken the 3 knowledge tests recently? I believe I am going to try and tackle mine soon, but I was curious as to the best study material out there for the test. Kings, etc, etc?

There doesn’t seem to be as much good info out there as there is for the pilot exams.

King’s is good for the test questions, but you need to know and understand the material before watching them. They go over some things very fast and very light (namely anything electrical). But they do cover most of the questions. I suspect other online prep courses are about the same. I will say, every single test question will come from the 3 free handbooks from the FAA…but that’s a LOT of material to memorize. Kings did a good job of question/answer memory.

*I took the test in November.

Edit to add: being familiar with the questions just makes things quicker when taking the test. The written isn’t too difficult. But you really need to understand the material to pass the oral/practical.

I took all three in November. I used ASA exclusively and passed all three in a week.

H O W E V E R…

I also run a A&P test prep course. I think they JUST changed the tests! Yikes!

At this minute it seems Dauntless is leading the pack for effective study materials.

I’ll let ya know as we gather info…

but I was curious as to the best study material out there for the test. Kings, etc, etc?
The other common study programs include Gleims, ASA, and Jeppesen. The 2 guys I helped last year used the ASA guides but both went to the Bakers school to get their certs. The free FAA books work as well as mentioned above. Its what I used years ago. Do you already have your 8610s? Using a local testing center?

Bakers in TN is booked out for A&P until July apparently. :eek: IA classes are maxxed for a few weeks too. I'm one of 16 this week.

Students coming back from test attempts… We are figuring this out empirically.

Shameless plug… Aeropro. We are not booked out yet. We have been 100% effective with oral/practical prep. You want to talk to Ben.

Students coming back from test attempts… We are figuring this out empirically.
Seems there was a change to Part 147 and the curriculum last year. Don't have more but perhaps check with your FSDO as I will next week. Supposedly new General, Airframe, and Powerplant requirements??? So I guess new test requirements???

Thanks for the replies. I haven’t went to get the 8610 sign off yet but I have spoken with them and have the correct items needed for it, just need to find the time to make an appointment happen.

I’ve taken all the pilot exams through ATP but just wanted to find the best way to get through these, I figured it was the same boat. Good to get some opinions! I don’t know anyone who has taken it within the last 20 years.

Back