A New Era for Pilots of America

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
It’s official, Pilots of America made the leap to the latest and greatest!

I want to thank @flyingron yet again for spearheading this effort. The Management Council did a great thing by collectively agreeing on bringing him aboard to help move us forward. It is because of the donations from so many of you, the collective wisdom of the community and the great leadership we have seen in the past and the present from @kayoh190, @nauga, @kath, @GeorgeC, @iamtheari, @jason and @SCCutler to get us where we are today.

I understand from what several of you have said that it will take some getting used to and I agree. It took time to get used to Xenforo when we switched from VBulletin and it will take some getting used to the new software that we have now, but it needed to get done, as continuing to run on the old version exposes us to the potential of security vulnerabilities, as it was no longer supported. Each of us want to see the continued success of this forum and this was that necessary step to ensure that.

Job well done!

Possible to get a button in the text formatting box for the sub and super script code?

Ooops, I lost the bbcode customization. Hold on, let me copy it over from the test site.

The subscripts and superscripts are here and bound to buttons in the editor, but the buttons seem to annoying insert a line break.

Oooh, pretty colors....

On dark mode, the black background of the PoA logo, doesn't match the black background of the page.
Here's two options. One with matching black, one that's transparent background. I suggest transparent, that way if any color changes are made, no changes needed on the logo.

POA_logo_dark_2.pngPOA_logo_dark_tranparent.png

Thanks, EdFred. I put your transparent version in both styles.

Thanks, EdFred. I put your transparent version in both styles.

I'll probably touch it up a little. The shadowing looks a little dark (artifact-y) on the light version.

Sure, let me know when you have one and I'll put it in. Thanks. My photoshopping ability is pretty tame.

I just noticed my 'states flown' map came back. That had been broken for a very long time, and after all the trouble I'd had fixing it in past years when it broke, I'd given up on the map. Cool to see it back.

is a transparent background really a background at all? :dunno:

On dark mode, the black background of the PoA logo, doesn't match the black background of the page.
Here's two options. One with matching black, one that's transparent background. I suggest transparent, that way if any color changes are made, no changes needed on the logo.

View attachment 118863View attachment 118864
The color of "Pilots" seems like a muted weird grey-purple... didn't it used to be a vibrant blue?
Was this a change made to look better on the black background?

The color of "Pilots" seems like a muted weird grey-purple... didn't it used to be a vibrant blue?
I did nothing to the red or blue. Only changed the "off-black" to black, and also removed it (well most of it, there's some artifacting going on)

If someone has the original logo from the previous version, I can make that work better.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

I did nothing to the red or blue. Only changed the "off-black" to black, and also removed it (well most of it, there's some artifacting going on)

If someone has the original logo from the previous version, I can make that work better.
Just texted it to you.

View attachment 118863View attachment 118864
I like mine better.... lol :D

Is there a way to turn off the "old thread" notifications in conversations? I'm glad we have it for forum threads to cut down on necro posts, but it's a nuisance in PMs.

1689090173602.png

Did the tab function disappear? I don't see any way to increase or decrease indent.

Is there a way to turn off the "old thread" notifications in conversations? I'm glad we have it for forum threads to cut down on necro posts, but it's a nuisance in PMs.

View attachment 118877
probabyl goes away once you reply. I have PMs less than a year old that give that notice.

In fact, ALL my PMs have that notice. I haven't replied to any since the updgrade.

probabyl goes away once you reply. I have PMs less than a year old that give that notice.

No, unfortunately it's there over and over with each reply. And it has to be checked again each time. That's why it's annoying.

yeah I just started a brand new conversation and had the same message pop up

Back