A new beginning.

TinmanJones

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TinmanJones
After a 15 year hiatus from my training, I passed my 3rd Class Medical & hopped back into the airplane. After a couple of steep turns & a few minutes of slow flight work, I felt comfortable again. Ahhhh, feels good to be back.

Attachments

• IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 44
Doesn't it? Welcome home. :)

I was amazed how much I retained. Not perfectly, but not like starting over.

It was 20 minutes for me... after 20 years away... every move felt wrong, it was a bumpy day, so that did not help but was almost ready to call it off, then it all just clicked and was back into the swing... spent a few more hours with an instructor and was doing great. Now, learning all the airspace changes, that was something completely new!.

@Mistake Not... everyone said "it'll be like riding a bike." Even before we got into the airplane yesterday my CFI said it. My new CFI's teaching methods were a bit different from my old CFI's, but the parts we executed yesterday came back pretty easily it seemed.

@jordane93... thank you.

@mscard88... thank you.

@Glenn D... my takeoff was bumpy. But I held it online well for my first in years. I reminded myself to breathe, relax & fly the airplane. Climb out & take in the experience. I'm abit anxious to learn all the new stuff. Was looking through my old Kings study book & was thinking "wonder how much of this has changed."

@N659HB... LOL yeah. Thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting back in the air. :thumbsup:

I was anxious enough after just three months away. It all came right back and felt like I never stopped. I was grounded for three months each, one hip surgery the other foot surgery.

What impresses me is the fact that you can still fit into a 150, 15 years later! WTG!

Welcome back!

What impresses me is the fact that you can still fit into a 150, 15 years later! WTG!

Welcome back!

HAHAHA
Well, the climbing in & out was more like a circus show! But we made it.

Thanks @Ryanb.

After a 15 year hiatus from my training, I passed my 3rd Class Medical & hopped back into the airplane. After a couple of steep turns & a few minutes of slow flight work, I felt comfortable again. Ahhhh, feels good to be back.
. Welcome back. I did the same with about 25 years off. Have fun

Back