A memorable week

Meliss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
goodjoojoo
This past week has been one I will never forget and thought I would share. Last Monday, I passed my Multi Commercial Instrument checkride. On Tuesday, I left to fly a 182 from Southern California to New York. Spent a few days at a beach house with a friend in New York, and then flew the 182 back home. Weather and winds were amazing going there, and much more challenging coming home. Last night I slept in my airplane waiting for the weather to improve in New Mexico. Left early this morning and made it home without any problems. Feeling very fortunate right now, sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am (we all are, as pilots) to be able to do things like this.

This past week has been one I will never forget and thought I would share. Last Monday, I passed my Multi Commercial Instrument checkride. On Tuesday, I left to fly a 182 from Southern California to New York. Spent a few days at a beach house with a friend in New York, and then flew the 182 back home. Weather and winds were amazing going there, and much more challenging coming home. Last night I slept in my airplane waiting for the weather to improve in New Mexico. Left early this morning and made it home without any problems. Feeling very fortunate right now, sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am (we all are, as pilots) to be able to do things like this.
Congrats! That's a looong trip. Autopilot?

Sounds like a great trip. Glad you enjoyed it.

Congrats!!

What a great trip.

Yes, we are all lucky to be able to travel around this great country.

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast and congrats on the check ride!

Wow! Just....Wow! Having just earned my ticket I thought I was doing pretty good for my first XC to be a 3.2 hour flight to Niagara Falls and back. Good on you for showing us all what kinds of trips are possible.

...Wow!

I feel fortunate to do my local hops twice a month. All those ground dwellers don't understand. I can just sit in a airplane and go no where and be happy.

Sounds like a blast, including the overnight (unexpected experiences make interesting discussions in life).
How may hours was it in the 182?

Feeling very fortunate right now, sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am (we all are, as pilots) to be able to do things like this.

been flying for 5 years. still haven't done anything like that. :lol:

congrats on the new ratings. :thumbsup:

Back