A Little Smoke and Acro

I got about a dozen night landings in @ KLNK. I noticed a K135 driving around the pattern with ONLY the red flashing beacons on, no strobes no landing/taxi and no nav lights on.

It was late night about 10 pm so DARK.

I got about a dozen night landings in @ KLNK. I noticed a K135 driving around the pattern with ONLY the red flashing beacons on, no strobes no landing/taxi and no nav lights on.

It was late night about 10 pm so DARK.

I noticed that also! Seriously, driving home from the airport. :dunno:

Very nice.

Extra?

RV-8 :D

RV-81.jpg

XIO-360 9-1 pistons, cold air induction, 191 HP
Constant speed prop
Fast back option

Last edited:
Ah, the canopy in the video threw me off an RV-8. You're ready for a contest. :)

That's a popular paint scheme for the -8... seen a few of them like that around N.Tx

Ah, the canopy in the video threw me off an RV-8. You're ready for a contest. :)

It's a "Show Planes Canopy, Fast back" option for the RV-8. Eliminates the bar being in front of the pilot. Many choose not to install the rear roll bar for looks. I'm going to leave it off also.

No bar in front of the pilot threw me off.

I take it that it is not a sliding canopy.

Down here, you could say a slider is almost mandatory in the summer. But I like the no bar in front. We just never can have our cake and eat it too ...

No bar in front of the pilot threw me off.

I take it that it is not a sliding canopy.

Down here, you could say a slider is almost mandatory in the summer. But I like the no bar in front. We just never can have our cake and eat it too ...

It cracks open about 3" for hot taxi days. The view is incredible.

Back