A Little GA Humor Before the Big Eclipse

IMG_0983.JPG I'm not sure about that beer. I may of had some back a while, can't recall peculiarities. I do realize marketing & advertising can matter more than the product.

I'm just dogsitting today, as some friends are down in S IL for the eclipse. I'll see what our 83% will do for me, starting at 11:53. I'll try not to stare at the sun.

Why didn't I buy 10 cases of cheap 'eclipse glasses' from China 6 months ago? I kick myself over that. It would be like the merchant selling picks & shovels during the gold rush in CA & AK.

Last edited:
No matter what is going on, it's always prudent to have the rifle strapped on your back(as in the picture).

And for all of you chemtrail fans . . .

Attachments

• chemtrail.png
    chemtrail.png
    708.5 KB · Views: 48
img_0983-jpg.55714

heh, heh...love it.

A woman, who knows I made a career in science called my wife this morning looking for a favor.
Her: "Could you ask your husband a question for me?"
Wife: "Sure. What's the question?"
Her: "Is it safe to drive during the eclipse?"
Wife: (Looking like she is going to bust a gut, she asks) "Sweetie, is it safe to drive during the eclipse."
Me: "Definitely not. Not for her."
Her: "Thank you so much!"
Me: "All part of the service, m'am."

A woman, who knows I made a career in science called my wife this morning looking for a favor.
Wife: (Looking like she is going to bust a gut, she asks) "Sweetie, is it safe to drive during the eclipse."

Hahaha! "If you have to ask..."

Guy forgot eggs, so how's he going to make French toast?

Please. This is the Great American Eclipse. Nothing French should be involved, mentioned or even thought about.

And we all know who we have to thank for making American eclipses great again.

I am not surprised. A lot of folks in this area are keeping the kids home from school today so their eyes don't get damaged. Because if they happen to be outside when the eclipse happens they could all go blind....

Even a news reporter said to not go outside without eye protection.....

I am not surprised. A lot of folks in this area are keeping the kids home from school today so their eyes don't get damaged. Because if they happen to be outside when the eclipse happens they could all go blind....

I have a friend keeping his dog inside to be safe, I'm like you do know that the sun is not any stronger today than usual right?

So they'll stay in their bedrooms and go blind a different way.

I'm in medical imaging (OB/GYN). Every eclipse there's an old hispanic belief that fetuses will be delivered with a cleft palate unless you wrap your belly in aluminum foil or use a metal safety pin and key clipped to your waste.:confused::confused::confused: I must have been asked that 100 times this month.:eek::eek:

I'm in medical imaging (OB/GYN). Every eclipse there's an old hispanic belief that fetuses will be delivered with a cleft palate unless you wrap your belly in aluminum foil or use a metal safety pin and key clipped to your waste.:confused::confused::confused: I must have been asked that 100 times this month.:eek::eek:

So I wonder what the superstitious fools believed in before aluminum foil or safety pins were invented.

And then there's the reporter who said that even the SR-71 couldn't keep up with the eclipse's shadow across the ground, traveling at about 1400 mph.

Wrong! SR-71 reached about Mach 3 (probably burning about 10,000 gph). Would've been fun to de-mothball one and light the fires for the occasion.

And then there's the reporter who said that even the SR-71 couldn't keep up with the eclipse's shadow across the ground, traveling at about 1400 mph.

Wrong! SR-71 reached about Mach 3 (probably burning about 10,000 gph). Would've been fun to de-mothball one and light the fires for the occasion.

I like the way you think.

Fake news. :p

From the LA Speed Check story, we heard 1,993 knots (although the flight crew saw "...closer to 2,000"). At 1,993 knots, that's about 2,292 mph. SR71 > Eclipse speed. :):p

Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
But, mama, that's where the fun is.

- Forrest Gump

Or was it Manfred Mann?

Please. This is the Great American Eclipse. Nothing French should be involved, mentioned or even thought about.

And we all know who we have to thank for making American eclipses great again.
Sorry, I meant Freedom Toast.

Fake news. :p

From the LA Speed Check story, we heard 1,993 knots (although the flight crew saw "...closer to 2,000"). At 1,993 knots, that's about 2,292 mph. SR71 > Eclipse speed. :):p
The eclipse "travels" at different speeds along its route. Towards the edges it's going a LOT faster than an SR-71, in the middle, slower than 1993.

Give them the mal ojo and walk out of the room.

Give them the mal ojo and walk out of the room.

When Clint Eastwood squints they call that "ojitos" around here;)

Clipped to your waist or waste? One is a considerably more awkward process I would imagine! :p

:mad::mad::mad: I thought I typed it correctly ... yes, flushing safety pins is quite the waste, er waist er ... never mind:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Back