A little creative music for ya

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
This fascinates me. Mostly the Giant bells.
There is a lot going on here, and I know it loses some points for being a crazy trendy song.

However...
1. Watch the complexity of their movements and timing. There are no real instruments.
2. Watch the sequence of the giant bells and if you have headphones, with good sound, listen to how they sound like a real bass track.

I have been following these guys for awhile and they never disappoint with their creativity and ability to make music with household items.

These are the guys that did the video w/ the 5 people playing 1 guitar. Sadly the bearded guy from that video passed away a few months back.

Some good talent here.

There is a lot going on here, and I know it loses some points for being a crazy trendy song.

However...
1. Watch the complexity of their movements and timing. There are no real instruments.
2. Watch the sequence of the giant bells and if you have headphones, with good sound, listen to how they sound like a real bass track.

I have been following these guys for awhile and they never disappoint with their creativity and ability to make music with household items.

These are the guys that did the video w/ the 5 people playing 1 guitar. Sadly the bearded guy from that video passed away a few months back.

Some good talent here.

That was very impressive! And must have been a blast to do.

That sounded dubbed to me, and the first guy to sing sounded artificial. I’m not much of a music person so my opinion doesn’t mean much but the sound didn’t match the video.

I don't know what those mics are nor what they might be doing with compressors downstream but there seems to be a lack of any kind of proximity effect and that makes me think that parts of it like the low tones were dubbed or doubled with electronics in post. Regardless, its an impressive performance. Nice find.

Cool!

OK Go has fun videos, in one-shots (lots of takes, though). They do have more than just this one song:

This fascinates me. Mostly the Giant bells.There is a lot going on here, and I know it loses some points for being a crazy trendy song.

However...

Some good talent here.

It is always fun, as a percussionist, to have concert music which requires several "auxillary" instruments to be played, often by one person. It's not uncommon to have to play chimes, triangle, tambourine, brake drums, ratchets, sleigh bells, etc. all in one piece. Often enough, it requires getting the layout and timing perfected in order to have one or two people playing several parts concurrently.

I don't know what those mics are nor what they might be doing with compressors downstream but there seems to be a lack of any kind of proximity effect and that makes me think that parts of it like the low tones were dubbed or doubled with electronics in post. Regardless, its an impressive performance. Nice find.

They might have some sort of sampling/looping going on through the mics/electronics, but it's still being done live.

Last edited:

However...

Some good talent here.

They could hit the street, find a good spot and do some busking. I'd tap a toe with them and throw some bills in the hat

If ya like the bells . . . Lots of Churches have Bell Choirs
Yup, pretty common to see the bell choirs around Christmas time. I always love the embellished arm movements that go along with it, lol. The bell chime is going to reverberate regardless of whether you move your arm around like you're marshaling-in a 747.

Came across them a couple of weeks on facebook. stupid cool!

Neumann KSM184's.
Absolutely has overdubs but it is very well done!

Really cool vid, Bry. Definitely a lot going on there.

I've apparently become and old man, because you say it's a "crazy trendy" song, and I've never heard it.

Really cool vid, Bry. Definitely a lot going on there.

I've apparently become and old man, because you say it's a "crazy trendy" song, and I've never heard it.

dude you're from Oklahoma your channels called redneck pilot. The original has Billy Ray Cyrus in it how could you possibly have missed it. Oh nevermind Celine

Plus Brad pit, Chris Rock, and I have no idea what the original video is trying to tell me.

My other favorite is this one.

dude you're from Oklahoma your channels called redneck pilot. The original has Billy Ray Cyrus in it how could you possibly have missed it. Oh nevermind Celine
Point of order

Rednecks dont listen to Billy Ray Cyrus.

That. I realize that the intricacies of redneckdom are lost on a cosmopolitan city dweller such as yourself. I'll explain.
1) Billy Ray Cyrus is a Hillbilly, thus is not required listening for a Redneck. The two cultures mustn't be confused.
2) Any music containing an electronic beat track is strictly forbidden for a self respecting Redneck.
3) Billy Ray essentially pimped is slutty daughter out to the highest bidder while still proclaiming his downhome Kentucky roots. A redneck embraces traditional moral values and protects his daughter's virtue with every ounce of his being, thus Billy Ray himself is to be boycotted at all costs.
4) Billy Ray made the mullet famous. I ask you, how is it possible to attain a red neck if the neck is covered by a party in the back? It's not, thus mullets are strictly forbidden.
5) Finally, Achy Breaky Heart is quite possibly the worst country song in the history of country songs. This odious piece of lyrical garbage was embraced only by urbanites.

Musical and technical genius here:

Check out some of his early videos, before Patreon...

Back