A Letter, written by eman1200

I'm watching four inches of global warming, melt in my driveway on May 2nd. ;)

Here's May 1st...

9yqevyte.jpg

Note to self: Don't move to Denver :lol:

Sure, I'm all for a little good natured ribbing. But it's not just "tree huggers" that are calling for action, it's a majority of the Earth's climatologists and researchers. I'm sure NE is cold right now, but for some context: here in California we had the hottest Winter on record in '12/'13 and we're breaking records everyday (including today) for Spring days warmer than we've seen. It's expected to reach into the 90's today. Whether anyone wants to believe that global warming is a threat or not is up to them. The thing that I don't understand is that curtailing the things we are doing to contribute to the warming can have nothing but a positive effect. For one of my favorite quotes:

"So called "global Warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the efficiency of our vehicles, kickstart 21st century industries and make our cities safer and more livable. Don't let them get away with it."

This may be best in Spin Zone but I think that "so called "global warming" is just a secret plot by Democrats to double my electric bill and gasoline bill, and wreck what is left of American Business.

This may be best in Spin Zone but I think that "so called "global warming" is just a secret plot by Democrats to double my electric bill and gasoline bill, and wreck what is left of American Business.

Creating alternative energy sources is actually a great opportunity to create a HUGE amount of new industry and millions of jobs. The fact that we are so highly invested in un-renewable resources is very unfortunate, but to say that we need to keep them because we're so invested in them already is a very bad argument, specifically the argument of sunk cost. Also, I highly encourage you to investigate which political powers receive the most contribution from traditional energy companies (the ones that supply your electricity and gasoline). Unfortunately that investigation won't be easy because a certain party was able to push forth legislation that essentially abolished any campaign finance regulation through the use of Super P.A.C.s

Although it requires considerable financial investment short term, renewable energy such as solar, wind, hydro-electric and CNG has a very promising ability to reduce your electric and gas bills.

I'm watching four inches of global warming, melt in my driveway on May 2nd. ;)

Here's May 1st...
I am pleasantly surprised this year. We usually get a helping of snow in April but this year we managed to escape that. Had some cold days, but nothing to really write home about.

Skyscraper said:
Sure, I'm all for a little good natured ribbing. But it's not just "tree huggers" that are calling for action, it's a majority of the Earth's climatologists and researchers. I'm sure NE is cold right now, but for some context: here in California we had the hottest Winter on record in '12/'13 and we're breaking records everyday (including today) for Spring days warmer than we've seen. It's expected to reach into the 90's today. Whether anyone wants to believe that global warming is a threat or not is up to them. The thing that I don't understand is that curtailing the things we are doing to contribute to the warming can have nothing but a positive effect. For one of my favorite quotes:

"So called "global Warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the efficiency of our vehicles, kickstart 21st century industries and make our cities safer and more livable. Don't let them get away with it."
Agreed and love the quote. I may have to steal that. :)

Last edited:
Its just a dusting of snow. What's the problem? :D

It turned my driveway to mud, and I'm trying to move. It's been doing that weekly for a month now... we schedule our trips at midnight on "dry" days. LOL...

I am totally feeling this weather frustration now! Non stop thunderstorms and low IFR are killing my progress!! Was getting 2-3 days a week, then wham. nothing for the past 7 days and looking like nothing until mid next week. :( How are you making out eman1200?

Today I cancelled my third flight within the last week due to convective crap moving through. So much for wrapping up my instrument rating!

Of course, that's what I get for scheduling afternoon flights this time of year... :mad2:

Thanks for asking, JM. I am just returning from my first flight in exactly TWO flippin weeks. Power on/off stalls, S-turns and turns around a point, but only after a refresher course on everything I forgot how to do in the last 2 flippin weeks. Flippin wx. Got a few days scheduled in the near future, let's hope for better weather for all!

Last edited:
It is amazing how out of touch I feel just waiting. I'm crossing my fingers! Glad your still in this! :)

Back