Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Dear Weather,

You suck.

Love,

eman1200

---------------

I mean, really? First scheduled flight lesson and clouds everywhere? It looks like there's clouds at 100feet. Guess I gotta get used to this, but I tell ya, it sux.

I sympathize I do! But that's the fun part of flight training is dealing with the weather. Several reasons why flight training may only be 40 hours logged but takes 6 months to get it in. Then of course life gets in the way too. Rain days are good days for ground school/self study.

Dear Eman 1200,

Become one with the weather. Study it, learn it, embrace it. Weather is what it is. Become one with the weather.

Love Geico. :eek:

Sorry for your disappointment. During one stretch this winter, I had 10 out of 17 lessons canceled because of weather. That probably doesn't make you feel any better, but yes, the weather sucks, except when it doesn't. Be patient.

I've started automatically analyzing each day as either a "flying day" or a no go day each morning. Even when I'm not flying. Recently I've been amazed when it's a flying day... you'll learn to appreciate those CAVU days much more during your training.

Hang out in the Bay Area in summer, and you'll really learn to hate the marine layer. And enjoy the occasional "spare the air" days (inversions).

I've had my plane 3 weeks now, and haven't been able to go up yet because of weather. You get no sympathy from me.

I sympathize I do! But that's the fun part of flight training is dealing with the weather. Several reasons why flight training may only be 40 hours logged but takes 6 months to get it in. Then of course life gets in the way too. Rain days are good days for ground school/self study.
I found that when I started doing instrument flying it became even harder.

There is a big, wide line between "ok to fly VFR" and "non-VFR."

There is a faint, fine line between a good IFR day and a bad IFR day, and it often depends on the person making a decision, coupled with recency of experience. Not every day is as obvious as a bow echo of thunderstorms moving across your route of flight.

IFR makes the go/no-go decision harder.

Last edited:
The weather does suck. It fought me mostly through March and won most of the time. I'm hoping April/May are better here but not holding my breath.

Yea, eman it does suck most of the time. It seems like every day off I've had recently has not been a VFR day.

I had to cancel my first lesson 3 times. The fourth time I called back the phone line was dead. The flight school had closed.

Dear Weather,

Its been a while since we spoke. Looking like one full week of constant rain and no flying. Just when I felt like I was getting the hang of things. So, basically, you suck.

Love

eman1200

Dear Eman1200,

My mission is to keep you from flying as often as possible. When you decide you are just going to stay home and do nothing, you will have a calm, sunny day at your disposal.

Your friend,

The Weather

:D

Come up here! No rain for the next 10 days. Just a short flight away!! Or better yet, tell your CFI that you want IFR actual experince NOW. :goofy:

Last edited:
Blue skies and 70 in Seattle.....

Bob Gardner

1-3" of snow and 2" of rain forecast for the next 3 days here.

May 1st! Really? :mad:

It's all Eman1200's fault. If he would not have started bitchin about the weather I would NOT have gotten snow. ;)

Exactly. Same reason you never send food back to the kitchen.

it's true, I can make it raaaaain up in here!

1-3" of snow and 2" of rain forecast for the next 3 days here.

May 1st! Really? :mad:

It's all Eman1200's fault. If he would not have started bitchin about the weather I would NOT have gotten snow. ;)

Mother Nature is having a little fun with the global warming alarmists. :D

Dear Eman,

Thank you for you letter an observation..

So as I may ask, have I not given you snow days from school so you didn't have take that dreaded spelling test? Rainy days so you could nurse a college hangover? Clear and crisp autumn weekends to watch a football game with out baking or freezing in the stands? Or that awesome summer night when you and ___ were _____ on the beach... didn't think I caught that...huh!

Hang it up kid, you're going to see rain, sleet, and snow from now until eternity... And don't think moving to Miami is going to change this either... I have an excuse.... Global Warming.

Have a pleasant day,

Mr. Weather.

:rofl:

Dear Eman,

Thank you for you letter an observation..

So as I may ask, have I not given you snow days from school so you didn't have take that dreaded spelling test? Rainy days so you could nurse a college hangover? Clear and crisp autumn weekends to watch a football game with out baking or freezing in the stands? Or that awesome summer night when you and ___ were _____ on the beach... didn't think I caught that...huh!

Hang it up kid, you're going to see rain, sleet, and snow from now until eternity... And don't think moving to Miami is going to change this either... I have an excuse.... Global Warming.

Have a pleasant day,

Mr. Weather.

:rofl:

meh, u still suck.

What weather? MAKG simply needs to use the IR - its not a big deal. I mean 500-1000OVC and tops at 3000 or so - geesh - it could not get any easier than that. Its even better flying in IMC around SoCal with the Marine layer - almost no traffic except for airliners, biz jets and guys like me.

The weather channel told me to foward this to you.

Dear Mr. eman1200,

You really think you are all that important that I really care if I mess up your flying days. Get real!

Love and Kisses.

Mother Nature

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit huh? :mad2:

:goofy: I was only messing with you. But since you did bring up my reading comprehension skills, I will admit to not picking up on where you stated May in your forecast. My mistake sir. :mad2: MAY IT IS! :D

I am in Central Florida near KSEF and KAVO, two airports that thrived during WWII. I can see why we here in Florida got a lot of airports built for flight training during WWII. We have pretty nice weather most of the time.

If you are able to, I recommend a move to Florida!

We are sweating here in Norcal. Blue skies everywhere and somewhere around mid 80'sF today. And I also recommend you move to Florida :D

To quote myself: "Boy this global warming trend sure is cold!" :lol:

Weather on a global scale is a very complex thing, as I'm sure you know. The term "global warming" (Later changed to "climate change" by Frank Luntz to lessen the probability of reaction) refers to a minute trend upward in average global temps over decades. Many places on Earth will become colder before they become warmer.

Weather on a global scale is a very complex thing, as I'm sure you know. The term "global warming" (Later changed to "climate change" by Frank Luntz to lessen the probability of reaction) refers to a minute trend upward in average global temps over decades. Many places on Earth will become colder before they become warmer.
Of course, and I won't argue against the fact that our planet is getting warm...er..."our climate is chaging". But it's enjoyable to poke fun at the tree-huggers when it's 10*F outside in April in southern New England. :D

Last edited:
I am in Central Florida near KSEF and KAVO, two airports that thrived during WWII. I can see why we here in Florida got a lot of airports built for flight training during WWII. We have pretty nice weather most of the time.

If you are able to, I recommend a move to Florida!
WHAT!!! Do not tell them to come here. Lets keep it a secret. Tell them living in Florida is terrible, have them visit only. Do not come to Florida. You know we get hurricanes, and the summers well they are real hot. And central florida is running rampant with overgrown rodents. And alligators are all over the place eating small kids, dogs, even small cars. And the pythons in the everglades, they are taking over. Oh and there are little lizards all over the place. The sink holes will eat a car and you in it... It's a terrible place. Nice to visit, sure, but only visit do not stay.:goofy:

Of course, and I won't argue against the fact that our planet is getting warm...er..."our climate is chaging". But it's enjoyable to poke fun at the tree-huggers when it's 10*F outside in April in southern New England. :D

Sure, I'm all for a little good natured ribbing. But it's not just "tree huggers" that are calling for action, it's a majority of the Earth's climatologists and researchers. I'm sure NE is cold right now, but for some context: here in California we had the hottest Winter on record in '12/'13 and we're breaking records everyday (including today) for Spring days warmer than we've seen. It's expected to reach into the 90's today. Whether anyone wants to believe that global warming is a threat or not is up to them. The thing that I don't understand is that curtailing the things we are doing to contribute to the warming can have nothing but a positive effect. For one of my favorite quotes:

"So called "global Warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the efficiency of our vehicles, kickstart 21st century industries and make our cities safer and more livable. Don't let them get away with it."

I'm watching four inches of global warming, melt in my driveway on May 2nd. ;)

Here's May 1st...

9yqevyte.jpg

Back