A landing at Juntura.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
I landed at Juntura, OR. this summer to visit some friends. Juntura stands for junction in Spanish I think. The two forks of the Malheur River come together here. This area is mostly ranching, but at one time there were a lot of sheep raised in this little valley. I worked for a couple of years at the Fire Guard Camp at the west end of the strip. I would run the strip in the morning to stay in shape. Little did I think that some day I would land a plane there. The strip is about 1800 feet long, is dirt and gravel. It has a fence on the east end and a power line on the west end. This little place is located about 120 miles west of Boise, Idaho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmiIGtH3ESs

Good job with that... thanks for taking us along again. :D

I like to take you and others along on these flights. Being an old school teacher I like to share with my fellow pilots. A lot of you seem to enjoy my landings and flights to different places out here in Oregon, and Idaho. If some don't like all of my videos, I guess they can hit that button. Thanks for the encouragement. :smile:

I enjoyed this one, too, Bob! Love seeing the back country strips you go to! Thanks for talking on them, too, telling us what you're doing rather than covering all that knowledge up with some annoying sound track. ;-)

My only problem is that some of the strips you go into don't show up on the video until short final. :D Something about you turning your head to find it, while the camera is still looking over the nose. Great videos.

Back