A great week in Maine

kmead

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
kmead
My wife and I took our turn at Maine last week. We had a great time. I really like it there. We spent time in Brunswick, Portland, Bath, and Wiscasset. The Brunswick airport and hangar look very good and I think there is enough room in the hangar. I like the Wiscasset airport but they don't have much room.No hangars big enough to put the Malibu in. It's so amazing there (it's not Kansas). I think what summed it up for me was the 1880 farm house and an old wooden boat. My wife is warming up to the fixer upper house, but not the abandoned boat. We will see what happens.

You should have told me you'd be in the area. Though based at Wiscasset, Brunswick Exec. is a similar drive in the opposite direction on Route #1.

HR

Was there at the end of July.

I remember when the administration building at Brunswick actually was home to a squadron......big, big deserted (mostly) buildings......

Looks to me like a modern version of the abandoned Roman forts. Personally, it's depressing. I know they're trying to build an aircraft there....time will tell.

Sorry I didn't touch base, my wife likes to keep a low profile. She also knows all about the aviation conversations. We're still working on how the area compares with the other dream areas.

Our biggest concern would be about the social scene out just beyond Wiscasset. The travel time to the Portland airport is a bit more than I wanted and my wife wants to get another grad. degree.

Has anyone built their own hangar at Wiscasset lately?

You should have told me you'd be in the area. Though based at Wiscasset, Brunswick Exec. is a similar drive in the opposite direction on Route #1.

HR

Answering to the OP and Dr. Bruce: There have been no new hangars built at Wiscasset; however, construction is planned for Bruns. Exec. Airport. They'll be between Hangar 6 and Hangar 5. Construction not started but I've seen yellow tapes outlining the area.

Dr. Bruce: No aircraft construction at Kestrel; engineering and design, yes; construction in Wisconsin. State of Maine blew it re Kestrel.

HR

I do think we owe it to ourselves to check out the Pacific NW and we hope to soon. We lived in MD for 10 years and spent a lot of time seeing the NE. I think it's the history and beauty that keeps drawing us back to there.

Maybe it's been the last 14 years of living in the Kansas country that makes everything else seem so crowded. I keep feeling that the clock is ticking on the lower prices and interest rates.

If you like Maine, you might also like the Pacific Northwest.

IMG1175-X2.jpg

That's my view for two weeks every year -- usually the middle two weeks of September.

Wherever I go in this world... that view is my gold standard for beauty. I love Maine.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Fantastic! I'm sold, now I need to get my wife a push.

IMG1175-X2.jpg

That's my view for two weeks every year -- usually the middle two weeks of September.

Wherever I go in this world... that view is my gold standard for beauty. I love Maine.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back