A Good GA News Story!

Jeff Oslick

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Oslick
Great story. Almost surprising to come from CBS, but let's give credit where credit is due. I hope Phil B. calls up CBS personally and compliments them.

Nice report! The Ercoupe isn't the only way for pilots with leg disabilities to get in the air, though. There are a couple different types of hand controls available, also. Never give up, never surrender!

Jeff,

Thanks for posting that. I caught the last 30 seconds of it on TV yesterday and I was sorry I didn't see the whole thing. I didn't occur to me to look on the CBS website.

It is a good story.

Anyone have a contact? We need to deluge the writer with positive reinforcement to promote more good articles.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Anyone have a contact? We need to deluge the writer with positive reinforcement to promote more good articles.

There's a "contact us" link at the bottom of the CBS page.

Truly a great story, and Joe is correct, I fly with Challenge Air, a group that was started by Rick Amber, a paraplegic pilot. They give rides to disabled kids to show them that anything is possible. The local leader here is a wheelchair bound pilot who flys a warrior with special hand controls. This has been some of my best flying and gives you the Young Eagle High multiplied by ten. Great to see that look on a kids face in general, but couple it with a kid that has more adversity in a day than I'll see all year and it sure makes you count your blessings....

Nav8tor said:
There's a "contact us" link at the bottom of the CBS page.
Just sent my "thank you" from the "contact us" link ... plugged POA and Angel Flight as well... "unabashed, unashamed plugs for any and all pro-GA angles I can think of"...

I just sent them a grateful email on POA's behalf. ;)

Back