A flatlander flies to Colorado (video)

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
The title says it all: a flatlander (me) flies to the mountains. With very little past mountain experience and moderate winds from the south on the day of the flight, the objective for this flight was to find the most comfortable (turbulance) and safest route to our destination, Rifle (KRIL). Later on, I'll show my little side trip to Aspen and the more scenic flight home in separate videos.

- Martin

Mountain flying has always been my favorite flying. Another layer of unforgiving, but great. At one time there were some private back country strips that were great. But those have been sold, sometimes condo's built on the property. A couple I was aloowed to use had great fishing with in walking distance. but that was another day and age. I enjoyed doing mountain check outs when i was instructing. Since I'm also a bit of a history buff, I could also include that in the flight. Great video's, thanks for sharing them.

Pretty intense looks on your face during the rafting. Looked like you didn't enjoy that all that much. :D

Last edited:
Back