A few reasons to fall in love with Texas

I think I read somewhere that typically it takes our gov't 90¢ to collect and distribute a dollar ... some big overhead in that. ...

Maybe this should be in SZ, but I'll go easy here.

I hope more states follow Texas in doing this. The Federal government has gotten way to big and has taken way too much money from us. This country was built to have the States have the power not the Feds. The Feds are there to protect our rights, that's it.

Maybe this should be in SZ, but I'll go easy here.

I hope more states follow Texas in doing this. The Federal government has gotten way to big and has taken way too much money from us. This country was built to have the States have the power not the Feds. The Feds are there to protect our rights, that's it.

It hasn't been that way for a very long time...

But I don't want this thread to "go political" -- I just thought it was a perfect representation of everything Texas -- and Texans -- stands for. They're fiercely independent, proud, and not shy about speaking their minds!

Texas rocks!

:smilewinkgrin:

For an interesting Q&A of this matter, take a look here: http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

Governor Big Hair the other day reiterated what many here think: that the federal government has overstepped its bounds and is making it more and more difficult for Texans to live unencumbered by excess tax and regulation.

For an interesting Q&A of this matter, take a look here: http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

Governor Big Hair the other day reiterated what many here think: that the federal government has overstepped its bounds and is making it more and more difficult for Texans to live unencumbered by excess tax and regulation.

Funny you should bring that up -- Mary and I are on our way out the door to participate in a "Tea Party" today in Iowa City. This is one of more than 500 tax protests planned in communities across the country for today, tax day.

I hope it's the start of some common sense in gummint. We can't continue to bankrupt our kids' future...

Back