A different survey, not ERAU!

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
An offspring of one of our CAP members...I've deleted the name for privacy. If you wish to contact them, PM me.
-----
Hi,

I am doing a research project for the Pikes Peak Regional Science Fair on the differences in spatial ability in pilots versus non-pilots. I was wondering if you would be able to send my survey
out to your members.

Please copy this URL to take my survey on how spatial ability is different between pilots and non-pilots. The purpose of this investigation is to see if pilots have better spatial ability than non-pilots. Spatial ability is the ability of a person to comprehend how objects relate to each other in space and how your actions affect those objects.

You will have a quick survey and then 12 questions. It should take around 20 minutes to complete. Everything on my survey is confidential and no names are involved.

Here's the survey:

https://forms.gle/aJLHzhZBLoR6qHq77

-Please share this with others both pilots and non-pilots if you are able

It’s like giving driving directions. You say, ‘it’s in the south side of the road’. They ask, ‘what side is south’? Some need left & right.

That was fun. I get an ASMR-like response off of quizzes like these. I wish it told me how I did though. :)

Sneaky how it got more difficult as you went along...

I'm sure I got them all correct, though.

Unfortunately, I have noticed many pilots are dyslexic.

Your other right!

For some reason this was me for a few flights early in IR training... I would get simulated ATC instructions like - "turn left heading 270" And I would start a turn to the right.... Oh and I did it on my last mock checkride with a hold.... was given something like, "Hold north of the CSN VOR on the 360 radial..." I ended up doing a parallel entry... then turned right outside the protected area for some reason.. lol.... thank goodness it was just a mock checkride.

I would be curious to know how I did too. It seemed pretty easy once I understood what they wanted.

It’s like giving driving directions. You say, ‘it’s in the south side of the road’. They ask, ‘what side is south’? Some need left & right.

So you’re saying that pilot in the thread where the controller said, “Raide your right hand and turn that way...” isn’t going to do well on this survey? ;-)

Back