A Comment at a Time of Change

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
In a couple of hours, Pilots of America, the "Front Porch of Aviation," will be pulled-down so the entirety of the database can be imported into the new software, and the new platform rolled-out.

It seems like yesterday that POA first started, while the ashes of the old AOPA "Yellow Board" were not yet cooling. It was early in my flying career when this board started, and it is through Pilots of America that I have met some of the finest people I know, people I call "friend" with great pride, and as a matter of honor.

It is perhaps silly to be sentimental about something like an Internet board, and yet, this one has worked very well to bring a lot of enjoyment and information and fellowship to our community.

When the newly-reconstituted board springs back to life late this afternoon, I think it will be a symbolic rebirth, as well, as we look to the future of general aviation, and Pilots of America,. I look forward to continuing to share stories, triumphs, opportunities, pictures and really bad jokes.

Each of you, and all of you: let's preserve the good, and build something even better.

To the next 10 years, I raise my virtual glass! :yes:

Amen! I met many good friends on PoA. Here is to those friends and those I have yet to meet.

Well, I'm a newby but at least I "met" you, Spike. Glad I did in more ways than one.*

Tim

*clarification: Spike sold me an ammeter that saved my bacon a couple weeks ago.

Holding my breath and waiting to come out on the other side!

So, consider me clueless, but does everything port over? Or, do I have the chance to make a "first" thread?

So, consider me clueless, but does everything port over? Or, do I have the chance to make a "first" thread?

Everything will be there.

Nicely done Spike, I'll raise a glass to you, my friend, later!

In a couple of hours, Pilots of America, the "Front Porch of Aviation," will be pulled-down so the entirety of the database can be imported into the new software, and the new platform rolled-out.

It seems like yesterday that POA first started, while the ashes of the old AOPA "Yellow Board" were not yet cooling. It was early in my flying career when this board started, and it is through Pilots of America that I have met some of the finest people I know, people I call "friend" with great pride, and as a matter of honor.

It is perhaps silly to be sentimental about something like an Internet board, and yet, this one has worked very well to bring a lot of enjoyment and information and fellowship to our community.

When the newly-reconstituted board springs back to life late this afternoon, I think it will be a symbolic rebirth, as well, as we look to the future of general aviation, and Pilots of America,. I look forward to continuing to share stories, triumphs, opportunities, pictures and really bad jokes.

Each of you, and all of you: let's preserve the good, and build something even better.

To the next 10 years, I raise my virtual glass! :yes:

Did you say triumph?

That was well written enough...

triumph_insult_comic_dog-geeksandcleats.jpg

...for me to poop on.

Maybe the new version will be corrupted with a Spin Zone.

I'm just ribbing you. This is an awesome community and one site I go to every single workday.

Good luck!

-Cowman'); DROP TABLE users;

That's my alias...
:)

Is there an opportunity to divvy up Henning's post count? If so, I'd like a piece of that pie...

I just want to tell you both Good Luck, we're all counting on you.

Back