A Christmas Gift: Manuals for Cessna 182c?

Anthony Scarola

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Hello,

Happy Holidays everyone!
My brother-in-law recently won--at government auction--a Cessna model 182C (1960?) He has yet to take delivery. It's located someplace in Texas and will be going down to pick her up in a week or two. Being a US Army aviator (UH-60 Blackhawk mechanic) myself, I was thinking that it would be great to have the parts/service manuals for his new bird and to try to find them for a Christmas gift. But, after about an hour of searching online, I see nothing. I sent a message to the Cessna website and await a reply. In the meantime, I joined the forum to ask if anyone might know if parts/service manuals might be available and where? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony
Cincinnati, OH

Parts manuals are free on Textron website. Service manuals are all over the internet.

Reproductions in print are on eBay.

anyone might know if parts/service manuals might be available and where?
Just to add to the above, here's a link to some free Cessna manuals (not all links work): https://www.redskyventures.org/free-aviation-stuff/

As I prefer paper manuals, I usually found a good used selection on ebay. If can't find any specific ones there, post a wanted ad on Barnstormers. Buying new manuals from Cessna is a bit cost prohibited in my opinion. Good luck.

And if push comes to shove, I'll loan you a full set of parts & service for both airframe and O-470L engine. Free for the cost of shipping them to you. You copy and return by the first of the year. The caveat is that somebody on this group that we both trust (that'd be damn near everybody for me) agrees to take your $500 check, cash it, and send it back to you when I get my manuals back. No offense, but I've lost three or four irreplaceable manuals from "cross my heart and hope to die" promises to return my manuals.

The C was the 1960 version. I'd love to buy his cowl if he ever parts it out. The A and B came without cowl flaps and that damned engine on my A model runs hotter than a pistol in climb in the summer.

Thanks,

Jim

And if push comes to shove, I'll loan you a full set of parts & service for both airframe and O-470L engine. Free for the cost of shipping them to you. You copy and return by the first of the year. The caveat is that somebody on this group that we both trust (that'd be damn near everybody for me) agrees to take your $500 check, cash it, and send it back to you when I get my manuals back. No offense, but I've lost three or four irreplaceable manuals from "cross my heart and hope to die" promises to return my manuals.

The C was the 1960 version. I'd love to buy his cowl if he ever parts it out. The A and B came without cowl flaps and that damned engine on my A model runs hotter than a pistol in climb in the summer.

Thanks,

Jim
The 182B was the first to have cowl flaps (and the last to have a straight tail). Been flying mine since 1978. I have flown it in 100 degree plus weather without incident. So yes - find a later cowl if you can.

Dave

The 182B was the first to have cowl flaps (and the last to have a straight tail). Been flying mine since 1978. I have flown it in 100 degree plus weather without incident. So yes - find a later cowl if you can.

Dave
I was told that the first couple of dozen of the B models came out of Wichita as virgin A. Did that go all the way back to s/n 182Bxxx?

Thank you all very much. Jim, I may take you up on that if I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere. Thank you!

Back