A Business Owner (Again)

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Trying my hand again....just submitted the paperwork after a long review with a local lawyer here about what I'm getting myself into....

Worked with Lawyers, the ABC, and a multitude of other people to determine whether my plan was legal....it is.

The doors will open very soon for Drunken Delivery Inc. - A Beer/Wine (no Liquor) Residential Delivery Service in North Carolina.

As soon as the paperwork comes back, I'll be good. Lets hope 3rd times the charm? :D

That's a really great idea. Something like that would have been ideal in Lubbock when it was dry, no more 30 minute beer runs. Oh the things you wish you had thought of yourself. I'd use it if I was there :thumbsup:

The doors will open very soon for Drunken Delivery Inc. - A Beer/Wine (no Liquor) Residential Delivery Service in North Carolina.

As soon as the paperwork comes back, I'll be good. Lets hope 3rd times the charm? :D

Good luck Nick! Stay outta the stockroom. :thumbsup:

First delivery to the drunk who almost nailed you last week??? :crazy:

Owning a business is a fun adventure, one that, if you're lucky, you won't lose money on!

Congrats and best of luck Nick.
I think we already ran our (painfully-learned) ideas for a successful business past you a few years ago? If you need em' again, well the pain is still fresh for many of us - so let us know.

i'll take a 12 pack of michelob golden light, please.

Could you qoute me a price on delivery of a bottle of Crown to Sidnaw MI? Will you deliver mixers with that? Ahhhhh never mind I see you don't deliver liqour.

If you can make money and keep drunks off the road, you're ahead of the game.

Best of luck!

If you can make money and keep drunks off the road, you're ahead of the game.

Best of luck!

That's the goal. Marketing is going to use "Keep drinking at home, where you and everyone else is safe" technique (more elegantly).

I think this is gonna work. Already have an advertising plan, too, that involves the many colleges around here.

That's the goal. Marketing is going to use "Keep drinking at home, where you and everyone else is safe" technique (more elegantly).

I think this is gonna work. Already have an advertising plan, too, that involves the many colleges around here.

Be careful with that Nick. Don't want to get in any hot water with underage issues. It would be worth your while to investigate methods of ID checks to assure they are real. Documentation in that business could be a key issue.

there was a grocery delivery service in Ames that branched out to selling beer. I think they had to get approval from the city and assurance that they would check ID's and make sure the ID name matched the name given on the credit card for the purchase. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

When I worked in the drug (liquor) store downstairs when I was 11 I would get "Rx" deliveries every few days for Mrs. Peyson. It was a fifth in a paper bag. If anybody asked - I was told - I didn't know what I was carrying.

Be careful with that Nick. Don't want to get in any hot water with underage issues. It would be worth your while to investigate methods of ID checks to assure they are real. Documentation in that business could be a key issue.

Yep. The minimum legality is that we check for ID at the door. That's not real time enough for me (since we have to take money for the order before it leaves our door), so we'll be using a real time verification process both before ordering and at the time of delivery.

It's hard for me to believe it's legal, with all the nonsensical regulations in this country regarding booze. I'm happy to hear it is. I'm just surprised nobody else has gotten into the gig. How soon 'til you open a branch in Central NJ????:fcross::cornut:

Be REALLY REALLY careful with those IDs, and keep your insurance paid up (and buy plenty of it.)

Do you have to check that they're not intoxicated when you deliver? I know it defeats the purpose, but at least in Mass, you can't sell alcohol to a drunk.

It's hard for me to believe it's legal, with all the nonsensical regulations in this country regarding booze. I'm happy to hear it is. I'm just surprised nobody else has gotten into the gig. How soon 'til you open a branch in Central NJ????:fcross::cornut:

Be REALLY REALLY careful with those IDs, and keep your insurance paid up (and buy plenty of it.)

Its legal in a couple of places....I plan on (eventually) hitting them all.

Dunno about New Jersey yet. I haven't looked. lol

What are you going to charge for a 24 rack of MGD long necks?

Why wine but no liquor?

NC State law. Kinda irritating, but I gots to play by the ABC laws. Was surprised they allow beer/wine sales with as tight as they make liquor sales.

What are you going to charge for a 24 rack of MGD long necks?

As I have my inventory set at the moment, $21.99 + Delivery charge. That will probably not be the final price though...

Will each municipality/township each require their own licensing? How ya gonna nav the backwoods (especially at night) of a place you just moved to?

B-b-but the magenta line said to turn right...into a lake. :D

NC State law. Kinda irritating, but I gots to play by the ABC laws. Was surprised they allow beer/wine sales with as tight as they make liquor sales.

Ahhhhh. In LA and MS anything over 6% needs a different permit (or something to that matter). It's why you see towns that have liquor stores for wine and liquor, but regular stores like gas stations and grocery stores can sell beer.

Ahhhhh. In LA and MS anything over 6% needs a different permit (or something to that matter). It's why you see towns that have liquor stores for wine and liquor, but regular stores like gas stations and grocery stores can sell beer.
The most annoying I've seen was where the liquor store couldn't sell cold beer - only cold wine. The beer was warm. But yet the grocery stores could sell cold beer.

I hope you make a ton, but think it's a long-shot deal at best.

Do you have to check that they're not intoxicated when you deliver? I know it defeats the purpose, but at least in Mass, you can't sell alcohol to a drunk.

I don't want to go into too much detail....but I am going to ensure that they're not drunk for insurance reasons. Beyond that, I can't really explain any more :D

That's not unlike Pennsylvania. Beer is sold in places with a "6-pack" license, but that has to be separated from a grocery store by some barrier, however can be part of a deli. One places specializes in selling 24-packs (or more) of beer at a time, and is even a drive-through. But they won't let you drive through and open a cold one. The wine and liquor license is a separate, and you get those at the liquor store.

The beer is the annoying part. In Indiana you can buy it with your groceries. Here you have to pay for it separately and go to a separate store.

Nick, if your service existed here, I might do it just to see how much fun you'd have with my driveway. :D

That's not unlike Pennsylvania. Beer is sold in places with a "6-pack" license, but that has to be separated from a grocery store by some barrier, however can be part of a deli. One places specializes in selling 24-packs (or more) of beer at a time, and is even a drive-through. But they won't let you drive through and open a cold one. The wine and liquor license is a separate, and you get those at the liquor store.

The beer is the annoying part. In Indiana you can buy it with your groceries. Here you have to pay for it separately and go to a separate store.

Nick, if your service existed here, I might do it just to see how much fun you'd have with my driveway. :D

LOL. From your description, my business model sounds illegal there, so I don't think that's ever gonna happen.

Who knows. Gotta focus on this area first :D

LOL! Is that even still made anywhere?

yes, the finest beer in america can only be purchases in minnesota, iowa, nebraska, and missouri. i try to get a case whenever I go home.

Good luck Nick welcome to the ranks of the entrepreneur again! It's really been up and down for me running my own business, but in the end, seems to have worked out very well. Hope you do the same and we see you doing a pre-buy on a Baron soon!!

Best,

Dave

With a name lik ethat, how can you go wrong? :D

Just out of curiosity, why did you go "inc" instead of "llc"?

A number of reasons, but the most compelling was the desire to sell shares of many different types in the near future, and to have a large number of shareholders. Additionally, not having to add "LLC" to the end of what has the possibility of being a very controversial business was desireable as well, for public relations matters.

WOW! A potential IPO! 2.5 million shares! Can't wait to see the prospectus.

Good luck with the venture, a wonderful name, lets hope the business is there as well.

Gary

Smartazz!!!!

Crazy stuff, Nick. I wish you all the best. This is a ballsy venture, but frankly, one the United States needs. Plus, entrepreneurs made America what it is today. You are continuing the line. :thumbsup:

Back