93 Mooney listed on Trade-A-Plane

Fine, they are "over valued" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine, they are "over valued" lol

Negative! They are "overpriced," or tagged with a requested sales price higher than their actual value. I was looking at 172s around my check ride because they were in my price range, then I stumbled onto a local Mooney . . . . Never even test flew a Cessna for purchase, only the line rentals to finish my last 10-hour block after my checkride.

Over priced and over valued imho...

As someone who has just started looking for an M20J I was hopeful that the large number on the market would lead to having some good candidates. Not really. Serious damage history, sitting for a long time, horrible avionics for the price, horrible engine time for the price, etc. I think it's going to be a long search.

I have to come check the Mooney out! You still have the Cherokee?
Yep, I still have 'em both! They are both in West Point right now. The Mooney is getting it's first annual from Jim and I had him replace the muffler and exhaust on the Cherokee.

I do have the Cherokee listed for sale now on a couple websites. I am getting a few nibbles but nothing serious yet.

I will be moving the Mooney back to Starkville as soon as he is done with the annual.

As someone who has just started looking for an M20J I was hopeful that the large number on the market would lead to having some good candidates. Not really. Serious damage history, sitting for a long time, horrible avionics for the price, horrible engine time for the price, etc. I think it's going to be a long search.

Keep on searching, you will find one. If you haven't already check out Mooneyspace.com and ask over there.

Yep, I still have 'em both! They are both in West Point right now. The Mooney is getting it's first annual from Jim and I had him replace the muffler and exhaust on the Cherokee.

I do have the Cherokee listed for sale now on a couple websites. I am getting a few nibbles but nothing serious yet.

I will be moving the Mooney back to Starkville as soon as he is done with the annual.

Yeah I put a new exhaust on my 180 last year from Dawley...Sucks cause you spend 1 AMU on it and nobody gets to see it!

You will have to take me for a flight in it. Ill pass your 140 info along to a guy I work with. PM me the details for it or a link to the ad and Ill send it his way.

No idea. I love mine. Great plane.

This^^^^^^^

I expect that the number for sale at any one time fluctuates. Be happy that there is a good selection to choose from at this particular time.

I bought mine officially almost a month ago. Since that time it has been delivered by a Mooney transition instructor who has signed me off and she is tucked away safely. If it weren't for 12G20 direct crosswind right now I would be in her building time right this minute. I will build up to a diect gusty crosswind in due time.

"Joyce" is a great, manual gear, corrosion free, fresh total time engine and prop, 430W, freshly painted example. I am sure there are other such examples out there. I am also sure that there are corroded, leaking fuel tank, tired engine,...... et al. They are a somewhat different breed than the more common Beech/Piper/Cessna aircraft that commonly represent the General Aviation fleet. They are clean, fast, fuel efficient and precise handling, thanks to the control rods versus cables of most planes as well as the genius of the late Al Mooney.

If you are not so large that you won't fit into one(although they have more room than the Mooney mythology indicates,) you like efficiency and precision along with system simplicity AND you have access to a Mooney savvy A&P/IA, then it is an aircraft worth looking into.

From what I have seen over the years people either love or hate a Mooney. I also have discovered over the years that the typical Mooney hater is someone who has either never been inside one or have limited experience. Maybe someone needs to compile a book of Mooney Mythology. If they do, the first myth on page one will probably be "you wear a Mooney." My girlfriend and I are average size and fit into it quite easily.

My $0.02,

Mooney's are fantastic Bush planes ontop of everything else:

:yeahthat:

He has more videos on YouTube. Great pilot, he flies a 180 hp M20C: https://www.youtube.com/user/piperpainter

Particularly the M20E with its light, short body, the manual gear but 200 hp is IMHO one of the most versatile aircraft ever invented. Awesome bang for the buck as well. Ours has a few speed mods, we plan for 150 kts @ 10 gph and typically do a little better.

Last edited:
Back