Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
9 Checkrides passed! Now a MEI, most certainly my last checkride, at least that I'll be paying for. I got my PPL about this time 10 years ago, and not one of those 9 checkrides did I have a failure, a discontinuance or even a reschedule. I filled out the Airplane category at the commercial level, and also at the instructor level.

Good ol' "Tater" was it's name.
PXL_20221030_160537763.jpg

Congrats! It sounds like you really lucked out with your checkrides, to have a record like that!

Nice! I'm 3 for 4 with my very first PP a bust. But since then I'm 3-0.

Side question: Are you insured to instruct? If so, how much does that cost (if you don't mind my asking)? I'm still planning to finish out my FW ratings with SES, MES and Glider but haven't started any of the CFI stuff and am not sure I want to. Liability is a thing...

Congratulations and best wishes for lots of happy flying!
Very exciting to see your continuing aviating success and enjoyment!

Congratulations and best wishes for lots of happy flying!
Very exciting to see your continuing aviating success and enjoyment!
Hey. It's you. I was lookin' for you the other day. Monkey business. Forgot about the - in Gman

Ima couple hunnert - 1.

The - 1 was the knowledge portion of a private pilot chief instructor ride, with over 10000 hrs of experience. Hilarious!

Definition of a dog watching TV: Tools looking at a POI after hearing “so tell me about part 93 airspace…”

Congrats! Is that a Apache? Wanna come teach me how to fly ours when it comes out of restoration? I’m serious… I got 6.9 hrs in a piston powered multi, 1.5 of them were a Ford Trimotor! The rest my ATP checkride. Zero in a Piper…. Help!!

You are the man ... X9!

Cool beans!

:cheerswine:

Congrats! Is that a Apache? Wanna come teach me how to fly ours when it comes out of restoration? I’m serious… I got 6.9 hrs in a piston powered multi, 1.5 of them were a Ford Trimotor! The rest my ATP checkride. Zero in a Piper…. Help!!
Sure! It won't take many hours to learn though :). Is it being restored in Montana by chance?

Congrats by the way! I'm 3-0, hopefully knock out four and five by the end of February

Nope, we are doing it. Two zero time motors, all new panel, albeit not all glass….

Gear all revamped. Cowlings a mess, but serviceable.

Will be very nice. Intend to use it in the flight school. I gotta get my MEI add on.

You serious about coming and spending a week with me?

Well, gonna need some time on the motors, so I could fly up and spend a couple days in Oshkosh? That work?

Gimme a shout, 423-883-0721

I love the big old Piper twins! Gentle beasts
The Apache especially has that whole steampunk thing going for it. My uncle has one he's working on. Have yet to see it in person.

Last edited:
The Apache especially has that whole steampunk thing going for it. My uncle has one he's working on. Have yet to see it in person.
You had me at Steampunk..!

Back