750xi A/P issue

Eric Brunelle

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ericb
Hello All - Got a 750xi connected to an STEC-20 and two GI-275's with GPSS. Autopilot interface has one issue that I would like to resolve - it tends to overshoot unless the intercept angle is 45 degrees or less - in other words, needs a fairly obtuse angle.

Is there a way to program the GTN to start the intercept earlier? The STEC-20 is limited to 90% of a standard rate turn - as far as I know that can't be changed. But if there was a way to get the GTN to start the turn earlier, that would work.

Because of the turn limitations with the STEC, it won't do race track holds - not a big issue with my flying.
Thanks, Eric

Hi Eric,

The GTN does not do the processing for roll steering into the STEC, that would be the GI275. Check your setup for the autopilot gain in the GI275, It can be adjusted within a range. The other end of the equation is the roll board in the STEC 20. It may need to be checked for the correct HSI configuration for full compatibility with the GI275.

Check your STEC manual. Some APS require you to set the HSI bug to the course in order to intercept. I think that's true of the STEC 20.

Back