74 Archer seats

BurninGas81

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BurninGas81
Just bought a low-time 74 Archer. The left seat has the pneumatic lift cylinder and is at proper height. The right seat is couple inches lower and we could not find an adjustment for our initial flight home last night. I need to get both seats to proper height and leveled so my vertically-challenged CFI can instruct me.
Question: does the oem right seat have the same lift cylinder or does it have some kind of mechanism to adjust height, or, am I stuck w/ a low seat? I also think these seats need to be reupholstered/rebuilt as they are original w/ 1100 hrs.

You should be able to see if it's a adjustable or not pretty easily by looking under the seat. The fixed PA-28 seat has no mechanism for movement. Just look underneath with a flashlight.

Just bought a low-time 74 Archer. The left seat has the pneumatic lift cylinder and is at proper height. The right seat is couple inches lower and we could not find an adjustment for our initial flight home last night. I need to get both seats to proper height and leveled so my vertically-challenged CFI can instruct me.
Question: does the oem right seat have the same lift cylinder or does it have some kind of mechanism to adjust height, or, am I stuck w/ a low seat? I also think these seats need to be reupholstered/rebuilt as they are original w/ 1100 hrs.
Generally, just the pilot seat had the vertical adjustment.

yes, correct, only left seat has the height adjustment. The right seat is fixed height, so we're using a big chair cushion. Pretty weird arrangement to not be able to equal both seats. Right seat you can barely see over the glare screen if you're 6'-0" tall.

Back