7/25 Anderson, SC - Blue Suede Paws Tour (ARF)

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
This Saturday, July 25th, at KAND in Anderson, SC will be a fund raising event for the Anderson County Animal Shelter that holds 500 animals at any given time. There will be a professional Elvis impersonator as the host, and it should be a general fun event. I'll be flying down with another ARF pilot in his Travel Air (Aztec is currently down), and several other ARF pilots will be there. It should be a general fun event.

The event starts at 6 PM, and should be a general good time had by all. I'm not sure what time exactly we'll be arriving, but I'd guess it would be around or a bit after lunch time.

I'll be flying down on Saturday, and flying home on Sunday.

For more info, see below:

http://aviation.meetup.com/95/messages/boards/thread/6980897

Saturday morning my friend, his wife, and I hopped in his very nice Beech Travel Air and flew it down to Anderson, SC. We arrived there early/mid afternoon and then got started with the business of unloading and setting up for rides. The turnout was good, and we were able to raise a significant amount of money for the Anderson County Animal Shelter. The planes were going all afternoon giving rides.

Yesterday morning we woke up and loaded 10 dogs into the Travel Air. My friend and I then flew them up to Orange County, NY (KMGJ). His wife was staying in the area for the week visiting family, which worked well as we couldn't have fit another creature (human or canine) in the plane.

A great trip! Anyone who hasn't had a chance to come to one of these, I'd highly recommend it. Some excellent people and a lot of fun, plus helping out a good cause.

I also got a chance to fly the Travel Air for the short leg from Orange County back to its home base in Wilmington. A very nice flying aircraft that I think is frequently underappreciated (except by Henning).

. A very nice flying aircraft that I think is frequently underappreciated (except by Henning).
Got my multi in one, so not underappreciated by me.
If I hadn't been at hospital with Sue, I would have flown up. Sounds like it was a great event, so I'm sorry I missed it.

Lance, it would've been great to have you at the event, but you certainly had more important things going on.

We do these events in Anderson fairly frequently (this is the third one this year), so expect that we'll be back. Next time, I should be bringing the Aztec. I would have this time were it not due to an oil cooler/baffle issue that I'm still fixing.

Back