6Y9 Fly In 2017

Looking forward to it. Need to get checked out in the 182 again so we don't need to drive!

In 19 days we will hop in the ground based RV for the trip to the Frederick Camp, in Sidnaw. Excitement is building as we will get to spend time with some of the best friends we have made in our lifetimes. We are also excited to know we will meet new folk that will become great friends as well. This will make our 5th year in a row which started back in 2013 when we flew our Arrow to 6Y9. There are likely a few out there that want to make the trip but you are not sure. We weren't sure either, but made the decision to go not knowing what to expect, would we fit in, would we have fun. Well, we had a blast and I always make this the first trip I schedule on my vacation planner each year. LTD Winters will be here (some of you know what that stands for) and we love him for his 7AM C-182 alarm clock. I will be contacting a few of you to encourage you to attend (it's what I do). So be ready!!

I swear if I thought I could safely make the trip I'd be there in spades. I LOVE 6Y9 and the folks who converge there. But I gotta work. Hate it when that happens.

We know that Michael, we will miss you but understand!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Went to get current in the 182 yesterday so we can bring it up, but had a mechanical issue. If the stars align we'll be set for the 182 in time. If the sun and moon align we'll be there for the weekend. Since I "believe" in Science I'm positive that the sun and moon WILL align.

Our contingency is to rent an RV to bring up to practice for OSH next year. If we do, there will be a cabin available.

Provided VFR weather, I will Head to land o lakes in the Cirrus and thumb my way to 6Y9.
What is the camping, cabin, sleeping, situation out there?

Provided VFR weather, I will Head to land o lakes in the Cirrus and thumb my way to 6Y9.

We will probably be able to twist Ed's or Tim's arms to go get you in their aircraft, but if not we will find someone to go get you in a car. Sounds like Grant and Leslie might be giving up part of their cabin, but again something will be figured out. We will have our CRV there with us as well for ground transportation. I think you said Saturday up and Sunday back so overnight needed for Saturday only?

Need to talk @JCranford into bringing the 210 to 6Y9, great flight for a new to him aircraft!!!

That's an idea....

I would plan on leaving work, driving straight to the airport.

If Cirrus then
Fly straight to Land Of Lakes
Beg for a ride
Spend Friday night
Spend Saturday Night
If Weather Good and Wife Cool then
Spend Sunday Night
Fly Home Monday
End If
Else If Grumman then
Leave work
fly half way
Land before Dark
Sleep in plane or FBO
Wake Early And Fly in Saturday
Spend Saturday Night
Spend Sunday Night
Fly Home Monday
End If
End If

I can pack a tent in either plane if that is an option.

That's an idea....

I would plan on leaving work, driving straight to the airport.

If Cirrus then
Fly straight to Land Of Lakes
Beg for a ride
Spend Friday night
Spend Saturday Night
Spend Sunday Night
Fly Home Monday
End If
Else If Grumman then
Leave work
fly half way
Land before Dark
Sleep in plane or FBO
Wake Early And Fly in Saturday
Spend Saturday Night
Spend Sunday Night
Fly Home Monday
End If
End If

I can pack a tent in either plane if that is an option.
syntax error: I can pack not recognized run stop

Whaaaat thaaa faaaaack? You nerds need a time out. Go fly your planes or something

Would be an excellent adventure John

Would be an excellent adventure John

You do like adventure John.

What better time for an adventure than one starting Friday evening and wrapping up Sunday (or Monday if our wives are like "Nah, take your time")? What's that? You have your IR? But have you really used it (If needed)?

Whoa! I was unloading the dryer and found all this prorata share money in my jeans pocket!

What am I gonna do with that? Cant take it with me.

There's a chance I'll make it this year. Starting talking to the wifey and she's lukewarm on it. But, I'm 3 hours closer than I was last time I made it, 11 (WOW!) years ago.

Any idea of dates that most people will be there?

I kept this idea going in the back of my head that I'd really like to figure out a way to do 6Y9 this year.

But recent circumstance with me needing to hang around Denver, has once again, killed it.

One guy out recovering from surgery, the other guy traveling to grow one of he businesses... I'm the on-call dude, even if we don't technically have such a thing at work. We just know.

It's karma, since I've been in and out for a year. It's my turn in the shooting barrel, now.

There's a chance I'll make it this year. Starting talking to the wifey and she's lukewarm on it. But, I'm 3 hours closer than I was last time I made it, 11 (WOW!) years ago.

Any idea of dates that most people will be there?
Check out post 32 for the attendee list it will show you arrival and departure dates for most people I think

Nate Nate you better hurry and get up here before I get too old kick the bucket

I am trying to get up there. Alas the club aircraft are booked, because Kent is too much of a wuss to fly up in the Mooney...

I am trying to get up there. Alas the club aircraft are booked, because Kent is too much of a wuss to fly up in the Mooney...

Wuss? Wait, what do I need to know?
Is there some sort of danger and or strife of which I am unaware?

No...you...are....not.
Kidding.
If the weather works, I am in.
Alternator being replaced on the Cirrus today. That was the only non weather related potential glitch and it looks like it will be anon issue.

yep, you have the historic Fisk arrival and the futuristic Chute arrival, What's in your wallet?

So, the real question is will Clark show up this year, he has missed the last three

So, the real question is will Clark show up this year, he has missed the last three
6PC won't stop by to pick up Nick and me. Besides that he doesn't have enough useful load to carry the required beer endzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OK Nate, Father Figure talking here, Put it on your calendar for labor day weekend 2018, then put it on your calendar for January, or when ever your vacation requests start for the year, to put in for the time. Then make sure the Double S, O, B spelled backwards knows you will be gone.

If VFR I could meet you at LNL in the 182 and ferry you to 6Y9. This would be my first trip there and I was curious about the camping as well. I assume you can camp on the field by your plane? Are there bathrooms/showers etc?

Back