6Y9 Fly in- 2016

I missed those two takes offs cause I was getting my FAA mandated 6 hours of sleep on the CPAP machine. Jeannette and I were up late at the Frederick Camp talking with Brad, Diz, Bruce and Sue. About 0245 I looked at Bruce and said the CPAP guy has to go sleep with his mask so he can get up in 6 hours. Bruce chuckled.

I don't know which is worse leaving or watching everyone else leave. Since we have driven the past few years we get to watch everyone (most of them) leave and is like watching family depart, knowing it will be quite awhile before you see them again.

Jeannette and I pulled out in the RV (Fleetwood Style) around 0800 Monday morning with Brad and Diz standing outside waving. Moving toward the main road we see Marvin and Beth (neighbors of the Frederick and one of the finest couples we have ever met) standing on their back porch waving.

We have come a long way from our first trip back in 2013, having no idea what we were getting into with a trip to the UP in our Arrow. Now we wouldn't miss it for anything.

Big thanks to the Fredericks, Brad, Diz, Ed, and even Meredith for minding the store while Ed is gone. You put in so much time and effort into getting everything ready for this great event and are great hosts to all that come to 6Y9.

Woah. The ones with the morning dew were *amazing* shots. Well done. Did you see my video from North Fox. You're in it...

1st to get there last to leave, Diz drives back tomorrow.
I flew out today barely making it out of 6Y9 as we had torrential rain after everyone else left,lot's of standing water, I should have had floats not wheels.
Stopped at N. Fox on the way home for some grass cutting and mower repair.
The final count of planes for the 11th 6Y9 Fly In was 29.
Thanks to all for making it the "Best Ever" , what glorious weather and everyone made it home safe, could not have been better.
Brad

Grant
That is what I needed!!
Problem is the landing back at 9D9
:) Brad

Back