6Y9 2023 Fly in/camp out

It's in there. 2023 - what's not to understand? :D ;)
Some of us got tired of waiting for the rest of you to show up almost a week ago. It’s a bit disheartening to only now find out that most people are waiting until Labor Day weekend to arrive.

I’d like to go, but I don’t have a dog-sitter.

Dang, I’m just getting caught up. So many that I had been looking forward to seeing are not going to be able to make it! Wishing healing for Jeanette, for Bryan’s fuel selector, and for JoeSelch’s pup.

But those who ARE making it are going to have a blast!

Some of us got tired of waiting for the rest of you to show up almost a week ago. It’s a bit disheartening to only now find out that most people are waiting until Labor Day weekend to arrive.

Lame. If you show up, you get to meet The Ted.

Nevermind. I wouldn't want to meet me either.

Huh? Where have you been?

For those of you bringing pups and dogs and in between, don't forget to pack leashes and "clean up" equipment...

Some have been here since Monday, others are coming in yet tonight. So excited!

Wishing safe travels for everyone!

Well. Unfortunately I will be unable to bring homebrew. I'll do my best to bring good store bought stuff. Or... how many of us fancy cocktails?

ok. I make a mean Caipirinha. I'll bring the goods.

Also next question, do we have a supply of ice at 6Y9? There's only so much I can haul with me.

ok. I make a mean Caipirinha. I'll bring the goods.

Also next question, do we have a supply of ice at 6Y9? There's only so much I can haul with me.
Woodford, Jameson, Makers Mark, Crown, are all popular

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Anyone handy with a water pump repair (think the check valve) on an RV? Was thinking about taking it apart before heading that way, not sure if there are hookups for an RV so trying to get as much done here before heading up.

Woodford, Jameson, Makers Mark, Crown, are all popular

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Fortunately - or unfortunately... I'm a competitive sailor. So there's only 1 brand of 1 type of alcohol I'm truly loyal to...

(but I'll go shopping and see what I can see)

Anyone handy with a water pump repair (think the check valve) on an RV? Was thinking about taking it apart before heading that way, not sure if there are hookups for an RV so trying to get as much done here before heading up.

There are no hook-ups, at least that I use. You’ll want your water pump.

We’re in Minneapolis, depending on traffic etc hope to be there around 6-7 tonight.

We're loading the plane. With the strong tailwind it's only a 1.2 flight. Be there in a couple hours

Just finished my oil change. Getting things together to head to EYE. 3.5-4 hours enroute for me today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow… I think I may have just spent more on booze than I’ll need in 100LL

Wow… I think I may have just spent more on booze than I’ll need in 100LL

That’s probably a good imbalance of applied funds!!!!

I'm enroute... Sadly solo. Gotta stop in WI for gas; should be there around 5 edt.

Just realized time zones are a thing. It’ll be more like 8. Assume dinner at the gas station walking distance from my spot?

10 points to eman for an accurate assessment of the attendees!

Didn't seem like fun flying today with gusty conditions throughout. See you in the morning instead.

Made it! Smooth at 5500' pretty bumpy below that.

Reactions: Ted
Leaving KDPA now, stopping 8D1 probably first for cheap fuel

I’m probably going to have to wait until morning. I don’t think i can make it before last light tonight

Back