6Y9 2023 Fly in/camp out

Went to OCQ. Leaving now. I think I’m an hour out.

In retrospect I should have taken the chance to get up there yesterday when it was better :(
Hope you're all having fun up there!
1693676975065.png

ed67d1871e3d44eddefef7b79aa8978d.jpg

Ice cream at Sidnaw Station

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed67d1871e3d44eddefef7b79aa8978d.jpg

Ice cream at Sidnaw Station

Delicious, I’m mosquito hunting right now ha otherwise I would be getting me an ice cream right now

Ice cream looks fantastic. We’d been hoping to return for the weekend this year but have to miss out, as the plane went into the paint shop a couple weeks ago. See you all in ‘24!

Haven't seen any post from the famous Ted

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Mosquito Hunting outside KLNL (also short final for runway 23)

1b9e328804f018e1c04bdebac18dd8e0.jpg

af87ae99ca6ffd375f4d15aba457d308.jpg

06fa6baf1ac773478c7af76a93ad7767.jpg

North Fox island was a bust on the way home. Winds were stupid on final could see the trees swaying violently back and forth. Stopped at C03 for fuel at $4.99. Then Laura met me at Ricks Boat Yard at EYE for dinner!!

We’re back home. Listened to Margaritaville Radio all the way home. Had a great time at our 17th time up there. Thanks so much to Diz, Brad, and EdFred’s for making this possible and to everyone who showed up. Condolences to those who were unable to make it this year; it was great!
I’d tell you about it, but we all know that what happens in Sidnaw stays in Sidnaw.

We're home!

As always, we had a wonderful time. Our kids look forward to this every year, and it's always worth the long drive. It was great to catch up with old friends and make new ones.

A huge thanks to the Fredericks for hosting, Grant and Leslie (especially Leslie!) for preparing the delicious Sunday breakfast, and everyone else who helped.

The kids wills sleep well tonight and have a bunch of stories for tomorrow, including all of them getting to drive a Model T! :)

We're home!

As always, we had a wonderful time. Our kids look forward to this every year, and it's always worth the long drive. It was great to catch up with old friends and make new ones.

A huge thanks to the Fredericks for hosting, Grant and Leslie (especially Leslie!) for preparing the delicious Sunday breakfast, and everyone else who helped.

The kids wills sleep well tonight and have a bunch of stories for tomorrow, including all of them getting to drive a Model T! :)
Did your boy ever get his airplane ride?

Did your boy ever get his airplane ride?

None of them got an airplane ride this year, which was fine. It was warm out and I don’t think anyone went flying other than to arrive or depart.

They all got to drive the Model T, I think that’s pretty cool. :)

Don't want to jinx it, but it looks like we should be able to make it back up there this year (2024)! Our usual Labor Day weekend family vacation is getting superseded by my parents doing a different trip this year. When they said "Well... The thing about this trip is that it will be over Labor Day weekend, so we won't be able to go to the lake this year..." My wife and I immediately looked at each other and said "6Y9". I think my mom was slightly disappointed that we weren't shedding tears for cancelling the family weekend.

So... Barring weather events between here and there (extra motivation for me to get IR current), we are planning to back up there after a ?15 year? hiatus! WOOHOO!

Wait. The Joneses. At 6Y9? Is this the Twilight Zone? I'll take it!

That's the plan. And, not to scare anybody, but there are MORE of us since the last time we were there! We'll be bringing our 12 and 10 y/o boys along. Gotta get IR current between now and then to increase the odds of success, but it's in the works!

That's the plan. And, not to scare anybody, but there are MORE of us since the last time we were there! We'll be bringing our 12 and 10 y/o boys along. Gotta get IR current between now and then to increase the odds of success, but it's in the works!

There's more of the me's than last time you saw me there, too. ;)

(of course you've seen us since)

Definitely great that you're wanting to come and bring your boys. We've been bringing our kids the past few years and not only do they have a great time when they're there, they look forward to the next year with great excitement (they keep on asking when we're going back to "the grass runway").

We'll just be showing up with the bigger bus vs. last year. @Dizaster save our spot! :D

Oh my, did someone mention weather, that thing we do not discuss. Jeannettes knees are all better so we should be there this year, and we are doing an extended stay in the UP

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I’m looking forward to coming again this year!! Hopefully the wind shear wont be what it was last year!!!!!

Back