6th time a charm! (solo)

kwc98

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
kwc98
Attempt 1: Go to FBO, no instructor. Communications SNAFU, this and other confusion led me to get another CFI.

Attempt 2: After flying with new CFI for a bit, she was ready to let me solo. We go up, winds way too choppy, we just fly to another airport and get in other training.

Attempt 3: Next day, show up early preflight done, ready for action. Look down the runway...fog fog fog...no problem, kinda cold, let's get coffee at the FBO. 2 hours later, fog gone, we walk out and are met by another instructor....who had scheduled the plane!

Attempt 4&5: Both were scheduled but mechanical problems grounded the plane.

Attempt 6: Out on a perfectly calm day. 2 landings with CFI to knock off the rust. Let her out and off I went. Very first landing had to extend downwind by a good bit, but not a problem. All landings were pretty darn good actually! Finally ready to move on to more advanced items.

Whew!

-Ken

Way to stick with it.

Actually it's mostly behind you. You now get to actually go somewhere. You can put the Groundschool flight planning to use. Good luck. You'll be a pile it soon :D

Congratulations, Pilot!

12_carson.jpg

Congratulations Ken! You can have a lot of other flights, but only one first solo. :)

Congratulations! My solo was delayed multiple times too by weather, mechanicals, scheduling, etc., but there's nothing like the feeling of getting it done.

Back