6HIT for currency

ahmad

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Midwest Aviator
I'm planning on doing 6 different approaches with a safety pilot to meet currency. I understand what I need to do but a bit not sure how many holds I must do. Am I required to perform 6 holding procedures(one for every approach) or just one hold?

You could fly a published missed on one of those approaches and you should be good with the holds portion.

61.57 is pretty clear on this one.

(i) Six instrument approaches.

(ii) Holding procedures and tasks.

(iii) Intercepting and tracking courses through the use of navigational electronic systems.

I'm not sure how you got in your mind (or why someone put in your mind) that it might be 6 holds. It has never been that way, and the reg doesn't even have bad grammar or vague comma use in these paragraphs.

61.57 is pretty clear on this one.

(i) Six instrument approaches.

(ii) Holding procedures and tasks.

(iii) Intercepting and tracking courses through the use of navigational electronic systems.

I'm not sure how you got in your mind (or why someone put in your mind) that it might be 6 holds. It has never been that way, and the reg doesn't even have bad grammar or vague comma use in these paragraphs.
Probably From the 6 before the H in 6HIT. ;)

But yes, reading the regs is usually better than relying on people and mnemonics to the exclusion of reading regs.

Back