61.129 requirements for commercial

bavreze

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bavareze
Hello!

I am PPL with instrument rating and I want to start preparing for commercial.

My questions is: 61.129 (a) 1 and 2 can be met using any of my previous solo flights, or I need to fly another one after receiving some sort of endorsement?

Also: 61.129 (a) 3 i, ii, iii and iv: can these be met using the past training that I received for my instrument rating (I used a complex airplane for that), or I need to fly another 10hrs, cross country, etc?

Thanks!

Any flight that meets the requirements may be used, regardless of when the flight was conducted.

You need to have been PIC for some of those flights. Make sure to read it carefully.

All your instrument dual received will count, because you are considered PIC at that point. Some of your private dual received will not count, excuse you were not PIC.

61.129(a)(1)and (2) are generic flight time. Nothing special for the commercial. (a)(3) is a little more problematic. It can be used so long as it is post-private and the logbook entries indicate in some way that they are "on the areas of opertstions listed in §61.127(b)(1)". There are a couple of FAA Chief Counsel letters on the use of instrument training dual.

Back