6-seat single aircraft use in TX?

aerokeny

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AeroKeny
Hello all. I'm looking to "rent" a plane from an individual for an upcoming family vacation upon my return to the US from a military assignment overseas. We need to visit Chicago, Philadelphia and everywhere in between, so I'd really like the flexibility to fly my family of six around instead of having to screw with the TSA. Obviously, I'd pay for gas and a generous user/Mx fee, but it is hard to find a C-210, A36, or Piper Lance/Saratoga for rent. ANY help is definitely appreciated. Thanks.

- Keny Ruffin
F-16 pilot / King Air 350 Type / ATP / MEI / ~ 2500 TT

I wish you luck, The rental market >180hp/4 seat has become pretty thin if you can't get one from an individual.

If rental out of San Diego works for you, Plus One Flyers has a PA-46.

I wish you luck, The rental market >180hp/4 seat has become pretty thin if you can't get one from an individual.

If rental out of San Diego works for you, Plus One Flyers has a PA-46.

I thought the PA46 was sold?

Plus One also has a C210.

There's a Cherokee 6 at Brown Field for rent, but that's not for first time GA passengers...

I thought the PA46 was sold?

Plus One also has a C210.

There's a Cherokee 6 at Brown Field for rent, but that's not for first time GA passengers...

It may have been, I haven't stopped in out there in a coupe of years. Didn't they have a couple of 310s as well?

Anyway, Plus One Flyers has the biggest and most diverse rental fleets I am aware of in the U.S. now.

It may have been, I haven't stopped in out there in a coupe of years. Didn't they have a couple of 310s as well?

Anyway, Plus One Flyers has the biggest and most diverse rental fleets I am aware of in the U.S. now.

I'm not sure about the 310s, I was looking at renting in that part of the country back in Feb, and then they said the PA46 very likely isn't available. The only twins were Duchesses.

The 6-seaters were a few Bonanzas and a C210.

I ended up renting a Cherokee 6 from Brown Field(not from Plus One). Cheap, but like I said, not if you're looking for shiny paint...

Plus One has very attractive terms, and an awesome fleet.

Hello all. I'm looking to "rent" a plane from an individual for an upcoming family vacation upon my return to the US from a military assignment overseas. We need to visit Chicago, Philadelphia and everywhere in between, so I'd really like the flexibility to fly my family of six around instead of having to screw with the TSA. Obviously, I'd pay for gas and a generous user/Mx fee, but it is hard to find a C-210, A36, or Piper Lance/Saratoga for rent. ANY help is definitely appreciated. Thanks.

- Keny Ruffin
F-16 pilot / King Air 350 Type / ATP / MEI / ~ 2500 TT
5C1 MAY still have their 210 available if you meet qualifications.

I'm not sure about the 310s, I was looking at renting in that part of the country back in Feb, and then they said the PA46 very likely isn't available. The only twins were Duchesses.

The 6-seaters were a few Bonanzas and a C210.

I ended up renting a Cherokee 6 from Brown Field(not from Plus One). Cheap, but like I said, not if you're looking for shiny paint...

Plus One has very attractive terms, and an awesome fleet.

The PA-46 is still on their fleet list, it might not have been sold, but wouldn't be available due to being out. I was going to rent it when I was living in Indonesia and came back on vacation, but ended up with the 310. They we're fine with me taking it for weeks at a time and had a really low minimum hours that I would cover the whole time in the first day's flying. He said that a guy comes in from Belgium every year and takes for 3-6 weeks, your request may have coincided with that guy's reservation. I hope it's still available.

The PA-46 is still on their fleet list, it might not have been sold, but wouldn't be available due to being out. I was going to rent it when I was living in Indonesia and came back on vacation, but ended up with the 310. They we're fine with me taking it for weeks at a time and had a really low minimum hours that I would cover the whole time in the first day's flying. He said that a guy comes in from Belgium every year and takes for 3-6 weeks, your request may have coincided with that guy's reservation. I hope it's still available.

So it seems. It's pretty impressive plane on a rental fleet.
Don't see any 310's anymore though :(

edit: hmm, the detail page for the PA46 seems to be gone?
(gives 404 when you click it)

So it seems. It's pretty impressive plane on a rental fleet.
Don't see any 310's anymore though :(

edit: hmm, the detail page for the PA46 seems to be gone?
(gives 404 when you click it)

Then it may be gone, that would be a bummer.:(

If Chicago is an option since it is a stop there are several options. Windy City Flyers has a Baron, Flythere has a Bonanza and 210, TEA in Dupage even has a citation ultra for rent. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Thanks everyone for the help and responses... I'll definitely check those out, but still looking for an individual owner since I figure it'll be much cheaper - I'm looking to pay that individual $100/hr for use and of course would get fully checked out. Also, I've flown the C210 at Boene Stage/5C1 -- great people and service there, just don't think my family would enjoy that ride as much as the Bonanza or Saratoga/Lance. Blue skies.

I hope 3 or 4 of those are small children.....cause those planes you listed will not do 6 full sized people plus bags and gas.

PC-12 would....or a Caravan.

Fwiw.....

A Navy 18 pilot crashed my schools 152 with a cfi on board at Ramona. Apparently, the throttles are backwards and when he tried a go around, he reverted to FA status, bounced it, flipped it and was left hanging upside down and missing everything firewall forward.

Fighter pilot or not, I doubt anyone would toss you the keys and say have fun.

Fwiw.....

A Navy 18 pilot crashed my schools 152 with a cfi on board at Ramona. Apparently, the throttles are backwards and when he tried a go around, he reverted to FA status, bounced it, flipped it and was left hanging upside down and missing everything firewall forward.

What do you mean the "throttles are backwards"?

I have no idea. That's what my CFII said was reported to him, as he was the Chief CFI. I've never flown one.

Fwiw.....

Did I mention I'm in the Air Force?! ;) I totally expect to get "check out" and validated that I'm a competent pilot... with 20+ hours in piston singles over the past 30 days, I'm sure I'm better than the Navy guy you mentioned. Anyway, I know an airplane on the ground is a drain on the pocket, so I figured it was a way to have a win-win for anyone interested.

Thanks again all for the help and ideas. I really like this forum and will be sure to utilize it more once I return to the States.

At least the landing gear will be intact......after the land impact. :D

No one ever accused me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer... :D

Actually you are pretty sharp which is why I found it funny...

I tried to keep my post short and to the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back