5606 On Carpets

Firstflight

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jimbo
What is the best way to clean 5606 from
carpets?

Soap and water then vacuum dry, rinse and repeat as required.

It does NOT smell bad!
It’s a wholesome, healthy fragrance.
I dab a bit on both sides of my neck for on-the-town nights; the gals love it.

What is the best way to clean 5606 from
carpets?
I had to deal with this just yesterday. Fortunately it was just a carpet pad. Removed it from the aircraft. Placed some absorbent pads on the stain and stood on them allowing the fluid to absorb into the pad. Kept replacing the pads until minimal pink showed. Repeated the process with some soapy water. You can still smell some of it but it's not really that bad. Much better than before.

Try a citrus based degreaser spray and rise with water. Dawn dish soap is good, too.

Try a citrus based degreaser spray and rise with water. Dawn dish soap is good, too.
Thanks folks for the advice. My carpets are Navy Blue but to reduce the odor a degreaser seems logical, and of course, Dawn isn't likely to cause color changes.

But ... but how do you know if you are in an airplane if you can't smell the spilled hydrau :cheerswine:lic fluid.
Very true. Reminds me of the Navy. Had a Navy Aviator that told me he wouldn't fly an airplane without a puddle of hydraulic fluid under it. He said that if it didn't leak, the reservoir was probably empty.

Very true. Reminds me of the Navy. Had a Navy Aviator that told me he wouldn't fly an airplane without a puddle of hydraulic fluid under it. He said that if it didn't leak, the reservoir was probably empty.
Being an AMHC retired, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 99% of Navy pilots scream like bloody hell at a drop of fluid showing anywhere.

Being an AMHC retired, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 99% of Navy pilots scream like bloody hell at a drop of fluid showing anywhere.
TomD
Just repeating what this young Lt. Junior Grade (framp squadron) said. I'm sure he was just trying to be humorous.

Skydrol is nasty. specially Skydrol ?000 the green stuff.
Ah. The stuff that melts the bottoms off of your boondockers. I can only imagine what it would do to an aircraft interior.

Back