54 years and counting

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
On July the 3rd in 1952 a couple of young 17 year olds tied the knot. A lot of people said it wouldn't last. So today we are still happily married, and enjoying each other. I think she deserves some sort of medal or something. We have three wonderful children, seven grandchildren, and thirteen great grandchildren. We are spending a few days with our son and his wife, in Atlanta, Ga. Essie wants to see the Braves play. So we are going to see the Braves vs St Louis tonight. We are looking forward for a few more good years, and I hope that encludes a flight back to visit you at Gastons some year.

Bob Bement said:
On July the 3rd in 1952 a couple of young 17 year olds tied the knot. A lot of people said it wouldn't last. So today we are still happily married, and enjoying each other. I think she deserves some sort of medal or something. We have three wonderful children, seven grandchildren, and thirteen great grandchildren. We are spending a few days with our son and his wife, in Atlanta, Ga. Essie wants to see the Braves play. So we are going to see the Braves vs St Louis tonight. We are looking forward for a few more good years, and I hope that encludes a flight back to visit you at Gastons some year.

Congratulations on your many wonderful years together. I hope you have many many more.

Geez just think if I were to be married for 54 years that would make me 84. :hairraise:

Wow! Congrats!

I'm only 6 months into it and I can already tell that 54 years is an accomplishment to behold! (Just don't tell my wife I said that ;) )

-Chris

HPNFlyGirl said:
Geez just think if I were to be married for 54 years that would make me 84. :hairraise:
Don't feel bad Brook, it would make me... well, lets not talk about that.

Congratulations Bob. I'm in awe of people whose marriages last that long.

Wow! Moocho congrats Bob! We managed to hang on for 26 years before deciding to part ways. And a few of them were actually good. :hairraise:

Congrats!!!!! Here's to many, many more!

Congrats Bob,
Enjoy the game and the day, and the humidity, and the HEAT!!!!!!
I'm in East Atlanta, out in Conyers.

Congratulations.... that is a notable accomplishment.

What's the average length these days? About 5 years?

Bob Bement said:
On July the 3rd in 1952 a couple of young 17 year olds tied the knot. A lot of people said it wouldn't last.

Well, 17 was awfully young. Glad you showed them to be wrong. Congratulations. My bride was 19 and we'll hit 33 years later this month. To all you young married types, it can be done.

Back