430W installed for 10,500

Riceyoung

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Cliff
430W installed for $10,200

We have a couple of used 430W's in stock. This is for a complete install for $10,200. The install shop is just a little south of Nashville. PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
Frank I'm in Knoxville , where exactly are you located . I have a Comanche in desperate need of these , currently in annual .

So, $10,500 for a dual 430W setup, installed?

We have a couple of used 430W's in stock. This is for a complete install for $10,500. The install shop is just a little south of Nashville. PM if you are interested.

Not a bad deal :yes:

So, $10,500 for a dual 430W setup, installed?

If that was the case his inbox activity would have probably already crashed to POA server :D

Yes to clarify the offer it is for one 430W installed. If you are interested please call 615.920.0091. Since it is the holidays I will drop the price a couple more hundred dollars to $10,200.

Re: 430W installed for $10,200

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought 430s were cheaper...

Re: 430W installed for $10,200

With installation?

I probably underestimated the installation.

How can you quote an install price without seeing the aircraft, I wonder...? Could have a lot of stuff to move in the panel, pressure vessel, etc....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A 430 install is fairly basic. It will take the place of already existing radio or GPS unit. There is really not to much of moving around.

Just a friendly reminder of what is on the top of the page.

As stated in the Rules of Conduct, please do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster.

Just a friendly reminder of what is on the top of the page.

One of the weirdest policies I've ever seen, for a place intended for information sharing between pilots.

Not saying anything about this particular classified ad, just that the policy seems to encourage and enable ripoff artists more than extend the "front porch of aviation" concept. If a deal sucks, I'd have no problem saying so on any other "front porch".

PoA isn't Craigslist and doesn't seem, to me anyway, to have any vested interest in protecting the classifieds from commentary.

Probably deserves a different thread so this guy can sell a 430 in peace. Or no bread at all so the Board can have some peace. I'm not arguing to change it. I'm just voicing a very minor concern that it's not a very contributing-member-friendly policy.

So many classifieds here are from one-hit wonder "non-member members" as one of the Board members of one of the clubs I sit on a Board for, calls them, who only post once a year in the classifieds.

Again being clear, I'm not saying this particular post is taking advantage of anyone. I've seen better prices on 430s installed, and I've seen worse.

And with that non-committal sentence I broke policy. Ban-hammer time for me.

Interestingly the other club I'm on the BoD of runs a "swap list" and we don't ban anyone from telling other members that something on the list is or isn't a good deal. That's between the members and the seller and members discuss the things in the swap list all the time on the air in public. (It's a ham radio club.)

We don't afford those who wish to hawk their wares any special privileges over the membership. If it got personal or out of hand we'd kill the swap list itself before we would make censorship rules about what members could discuss.

I've heard this discussion:

"That old junk you listed on the swaplist is way too high!"

"Well, what do you think it's worth?"

"About $500."

"You a buyer at that price?"

"Well yeah, that's a great price!"

"Meet me at IHOP near your house in an hour. Bring cash."

LOL.

One of the weirdest policies I've ever seen, for a place intended for information sharing between pilots.

Not saying anything about this particular classified ad, just that the policy seems to encourage and enable ripoff artists more than extend the "front porch of aviation" concept. If a deal sucks, I'd have no problem saying so on any other "front porch".

PoA isn't Craigslist and doesn't seem, to me anyway, to have any vested interest in protecting the classifieds from commentary.
Considering that there are wide ranges of opinions on this subject, from people who won't advertise because we allow comments, period, to those who think anything goes, this is our compromise.

It does not include the VOR or CDI but does include the wiring to interface with these. If you are interested please give us a call and we can see what we can do to help you.

If I already have a 430(not a W) installed, and just want to swap it out, what's the price?

If I already have a 430(not a W) installed, and just want to swap it out, what's the price?

RG400 already run to the antenna?

The radio upgrade (sending yours in) is around $4000ish IIRC

The GA35 antenna is about $300 new.

Do need a new AFMS.

Nate,

You must be forgetting about how people used to sh*t all over every classifieds post here. The policy here helps to avoid that and is the exact same as it is over at AOPA's forum.

And I think your "encourage and enable rip-off artists" comment is a red herring. First, the MC is quite capable of dealing with it if a post is reported. Second, I Don't think we have that issue here. At least I haven't noticed a rash of con artists here.

We need to do that to our plane as well. Our avionics shop when the out of business. Ed - if you find a reasonable deal, please share the info.

Thanks
Jim

Back