430W database "expired" in the future???

hish747

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hish747
I just noticed that when my Garmin 430w powers up it says:

"Aviation Database Expired 08-DEC-2016"

IMG_4497.JPG Has anyone else seen this issue? Any idea how to fix? Was this a problem with a certain version of the system software that may be fixed in an update? It may not seem like a big deal but it makes me wonder if something else is wrong as well.
Thanks,
Hish

Does it think the "current time" is after Dec 8, 2016 somehow?

I googled "Garmin 430 expired date". There is a link that comes up showing the 430 as one of the affected units. When you go to that link it describes it but doesn't specifically say the 430 again. If I still had a 430 I would do an update "now" just like I usually do every 28 days. I'll bet there is an update for this there in JSUM or whatever it s called now. Let us know how it goes.

Edit: I meant I would do it now, the same way I do the usual 28 day cycle updates. Added "now" to the above

Last edited:
I see that on my 430 (upgraded to W). I confirm the date and go on ahead.

Please post a resolution if you find one.

Thanks.

I feel like I see that first thing after I update the database at the first start up. Never gave much thought to it since it goes away.

I feel like I see that first thing after I update the database at the first start up. Never gave much thought to it since it goes away.
I see it if I install an update before its effective date. I don't think that's what at work here, though, because we're well past the effective date of the current cycle.

I see it if I install an update before its effective date. I don't think that's what at work here, though, because we're well past the effective date of the current cycle.

A friend of mine updates his unit the same day I do (before the effective date) but he doesn't have this issue.

My 430W doesn't have that screen. The database From and To dates show up as white text on a blue screen, and is all by itself, requiring an Enter to proceed on. The terrain database date is on a prior screen, also white on blue, and lasts a couple of seconds.

Back