$400 for a twenty minute ride on a B-17

Alluminum Overcast came through KNEW last year. I think it was less than $400, but somwhere in that ball park. My old man's a bit of a history buff so I figured what the hell. In short, the look on his face for 20 min was priceless. Don't regret it one bit. Besides, one day I'll be able to tell my great, great, great grandchildren I went up in a B-17...I'm counting on some medical breakthroughs.

Alluminum Overcast came through KNEW last year. I think it was less than $400, but somwhere in that ball park. My old man's a bit of a history buff so I figured what the hell. In short, the look on his face for 20 min was priceless. Don't regret it one bit. Besides, one day I'll be able to tell my great, great, great grandchildren I went up in a B-17...I'm counting on some medical breakthroughs.

Well, yeah, if I could take my Dad for the ride, I'd buy three tix. But that is a very different offer.

FWIW, Sentimental Journey is $425, $850 if you want the nose for the same amount of flight time.

Here's an interesting question - how do they offer a ride in the right seat?

The Tri-Motor requires a Type rating and two pilots.

I don't know about the type-rating, but it only requires one pilot. I flew one from Muncie to Columbus last summer.

Back