4 drug test in 6 months....

Zeldman

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Billy
I have done 4 drug test in the last 6 months. And I am trying to cut down on flying...:lol:

One pre-employment in May, a random in June, another pre-employment in September, and another pre-employment today.

Maybe I should start taking drugs just to break up the monotony? :lol::lol::lol:

No post crash test either in case anyone was wondering.

That sucks.

I'm not subject to random tests, but had to take one before each new job. I worked for the same company for 15+ years. They were sooooo adamant about me getting the test before they would even let me in the building, but then NOTHING in 15 years.

The lesson here, kiddies, is find a job that doesn't do random drug testing, get clean, get in the door, and then keep the job. What you do after that is up to you. :)

Stupid.

I have done 4 drug test in the last 6 months. And I am trying to cut down on flying...:lol:

One pre-employment in May, a random in June, another pre-employment in September, and another pre-employment today.

Maybe I should start taking drugs just to break up the monotony? :lol::lol::lol:

No post crash test either in case anyone was wondering.

I thought you had your own air ambulance business. Did something change or am I thinking of someone else?

Co-worker of mine got 'randomly' selected for drug testing 3 months in a row at a previous job. She got a t-shirt as an apology for them lopping off sections of her hair so often.

Co-worker of mine got 'randomly' selected for drug testing 3 months in a row at a previous job. She got a t-shirt as an apology for them lopping off sections of her hair so often.

huh. Around here we just pee in cups. I've done one pre-employment drug test in my life, nothing after that.

Funny story about the one I did take though. I was in the waiting room and a kid comes in to take one and is sent right to the bathroom. If you knew me, you'd know I don't go for that. But he's already in the bathroom, and the lady tells me not to worry, he never passes and it won't take long. Sure enough, I haven't even made it back to my chair yet when he comes back out and hands her the cup. She shakes her head. "This isn't even warm." and says something humorous to him about needing to up his game.

They pull one hair......looping off hair? A bit of an exaggeration don't you think?

What if you are bald? Lol I couldn't resist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

and the lady tells me not to worry, he never passes and it won't take long.

Doesn't sound like she hipaa's much. Out on her ear for talking to you about someone else's med info.

Last edited:
If your clean what's your problem,that means someone else is being left alone. My number seemed to come up on a regular basis when I did some part 135.

If your clean what's your problem,that means someone else is being left alone. My number seemed to come up on a regular basis when I did some part 135.

The problem? studying for the tests! so many chemicals, so little time...

I thought you had your own air ambulance business. Did something change or am I thinking of someone else?

Just a little change. Because we are growing, I gave up the pilot position and the CFO position. We (the owners) are working to get out of the active company positions. We have other business ideas we want to pursue that are not part of the air ambulance.

In the mean time I am picking up part time or seasonal pilot positions to make up for the salary I gave up as well for fun because, basically, I like to fly.

This all sounds so formal on paper but in reality we are just 4 rednecks that stuck out necks out. I mean at our last meeting some one (I don't know who :wink2:) passed gas rather loudly, cracking everyone up so much we had to break early for lunch.

(hint: we are not all males)

The problem? studying for the tests! so many chemicals, so little time...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The lady administering the test asked me if I was ready to take the test. I asked her if it would be a written or a oral test.

She said just pee in the cup up to this line, please.

Hmmmmm.... no sense of humor.... maybe I should have put poo in the cup instead.... :yes:

They pull one hair......looping off hair? A bit of an exaggeration don't you think?

I did a pre employment drug test this year. The snipper said she needed about 100 hairs. The wad she cut was as big around as one of my fingers, in the back of my head, as short as she could saw with dull scissors. When I left, the gap was easy to feel running my fingers through it. Sore, too, where the dull scissors pulled so much.

Ended up turning down the job. Peed in a cup for the job I have now. Had to wait a while for my appointment with the company nurse, she was doing a random test on someone(s).

I drove a truck right out of college.

I took the liquid IQ test for 6 or 7 weeks in a row.

My manage called the person coordinating the testing and he said that I was being used to skew the numbers for insurance.

:yikes:

I've had to pee in a cup for exactly one job in 40 years. Once I passed that one I worked there for just over 20 years. Never another test. What a waste. Not that I was worried, I've never even thought of trying the stuff they're looking for.

I've had a few pre employment tests over the years and 3-4 randoms in my flying career. The last (for my 121) included pee and breathalyzer. I've never had a hair sample taken. What's up with that?

Last edited:
I work in an industry which requires pre employment and random testing, although the requirements were not in place when I was hired 33 years ago. When the random testing program was started about 25 years ago, I was tested in the first week. At one point a coworker and I were tested in alternating weeks for 6 consecutive weeks. I usually get tagged for a random at least once a year. In the last couple of years my department was added to the population getting psychological screening every 5 years also, involving a computerized test and video interview.

They didn't just take one hair for our tests. They cut off a small section. Yes, lopping was a bit of an exaggeration, but it was noticeable.

I've had a few pre employment tests over the years and 3-4 ransoms in my flying career. The last (for my 121) included pee and breathalyzer. I've never had a hair sample taken. What's up with that?
I've never had a hair sample taken for a drug test either.

I've had a few pre employment tests over the years and 3-4 ransoms in my flying career. The last (for my 121) included pee and breathalyzer. I've never had a hair sample taken. What's up with that?

Many drugs pass through the system within a day or two, so if you didn't do the drug the day before the test, it is not going to be detected. Those drugs do however get deposited in your hair. With the hair test, you get a sample of the last 90 days. You can even get fancy on the testing and chop the hair into sections to see how many weeks back the drug consumption happened.

Many drugs pass through the system within a day or two, so if you didn't do the drug the day before the test, it is not going to be detected. Those drugs do however get deposited in your hair. With the hair test, you get a sample of the last 90 days. You can even get fancy on the testing and chop the hair into sections to see how many weeks back the drug consumption happened.

Wow. I never knew. Glad I don't do drugs!!

Hmmm....I fly with a disproportionate number of captains with shaved heads....:dunno:

Many years ago, I worked with drug addicts in a residential facility. That was one thing they were not allowed to do.

Will wonders ever cease? My drug test showed no measurable amounts of prohibited substance in my system.

Ya think after 4 test someone would figure out I don't do drugs...:dunno:

Will wonders ever cease? My drug test showed no measurable amounts of prohibited substance in my system.

Ya think after 4 test someone would figure out I don't do drugs...:dunno:

Or you are really really devious and smart ;)

Never had to do drug tests; I work in computers where such testing would be redundant at best. I believe all the drugs (excepting nootropics) that get tested for are recreational precisely because they mess with clear thinking.

I worked at a silicon valley VoIP startup about 15 years ago where one of the employees asked the founder/CEO what he would do if he found out any employees were doing illegal drugs. The CEO smiled and said "I'm not sure - would the drugs help us get the product to market quicker?"

Back