4/6/19 - Lunch @ Bentonville, AR (KVBT)

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
It's a beautiful day to fly and there aren't any fly-in options in this area today so I think I'll fly down to KVBT for lunch. They have a new FBO building at the NW corner of their field with (what appeared to be, when I was there last month) a nice restaurant. "Louise at Thaden Field".

Planning on noonish if anyone is in the mood.

I'll be curious as to your review. My little sister and her hubby live in Bentonville and might want to try it out. I'll let her know when I see her in a few minutes, as they are down here for Dad's memorial service this morning.

I'll be curious as to your review.

It was fantastic. Not your typical run-of-the-mill airport diner rather with food that was more unique and nicely presented. On Saturday and Sunday they have brunch until 2pm so, really, about everything on the menu was breakfast fare. Prices were quite reasonable especially considering the quality.

The new FBO building is absolutely beautiful. First floor has the restaurant, lobby and an event room with a Corsair sitting there on display.

He second floor houses a flight school, the pilots lounge, showers, kitchen and another "pilots lounge" which is a bar with an outside observation deck. Lots of original artwork everywhere, no expense spared (Of course not,I found out today that it's owned by the Walton boys).

The restaurant, kind of small, has a view of both the runway and ramp (there's a bit more seating around the corner behind the bar):

IMG_20190406_131253756.jpg

The flight schools's computer room:

IMG_20190406_125745755.jpg

This had to have been a joke. This same hardware set was on every door in the building but this was the only one labeled:

IMG_20190406_130038866.jpg

The ceiling or the main lobby. This is the third time I've been in the FBO, I guess I never looked up at the lights before...

IMG_20190406_130341040.jpg

Last edited:
I still haven't checked out the IDK? Cafe at Rogers. I believe that one is at Beaver Aviation...which is also owned by WalMart.

nice flight school computer room, jealous!

Back