3rd Class MED deferal

Brian Curtis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Curtis
After 4 and 1/2 months my medical went to "Final Review" (Type 2 on insulin and I meet and far exceed all the numbers the FAA wants this should be easy hahaha but its the government) How long have others been in final review? Days? Weeks? Trying to get some estimate. Thanks!

for sure..thats the plan, already have the AOPA link to get it started.

This is an "AME" calls day of exam, emials the worksheet to the medical officer of the day, gets a verbal and issues the certificate.

What happened to yours is so (?).

Sigh

@bbchien I wanted to message you, but this must do. Diag'd ADHD in early 30's and was taking meds for that and then wellbutrin until 9 months ago, approx 6 years total. Took adhd pills again for just a few days last week to help get me through a tough spot at work (I still have some meds). Just saw my case was under final review for 3rd Class after AME deferral (I too submitted large packet of stuff to the FAA for review in August). Do you think there's still a chance, or did taking the medicine (it helped) ruin my chances since I'm planning on being honest about that. I'd initially planned on proving that I could abstain permanently, then I simply felt I needed to use the meds for a few.

I'd initially planned on proving that I could abstain permanently, then I simply felt I needed to use the meds for a few.

It appears you have adult-ADHD and need meds for it. Career planning for you is in order.

Diabetes is one of the more complicated reviews so it does take several months, sorry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back