'38 class assignment night video

IamBull

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Bull
Here's a link to it for your viewing pleasure. The tradition is to show a class video at assignment night for the family and friends that attend. We all got our asignments last night. Patch is the one that actually made the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btgteZu9VNc

I'm going to F-16's. I'll go to Luke AFB in Phoenix for training and will find out there where I'll go next.

I'm going to F-16's. I'll go to Luke AFB in Phoenix for training and will find out there where I'll go next.
You do realize, Falcons are birds for guys who wished they could have flown Tomcats? :D

We used to live by Luke. Try Bill Johnson's Big Apple Restaurant if you like BBQ. Good luck with your training.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

You do realize, Falcons are birds for guys who wished they could have flown Tomcats? :D

First off, it's the Viper :). Second, the 14 is a dead aircraft:p. Lastly, who wants to live on a boat with 500 other dudes?:dunno:

Lastly, who wants to live on a boat with 500 other dudes?:dunno:

That why the Navy has has the Marines, so they will have someone to dance with ;)

I loved the part in OTS where they kept calling the Marines, Naval Infantry. Technically the correct term. Try that one out on a Marine sometime, they don't like that characterization much.

Last edited:
First off, it's the Viper :). Second, the 14 is a dead aircraft:p. Lastly, who wants to live on a boat with 500 other dudes?:dunno:
May be dead, but still deadly. And, btw, you missed a 0 there - try 5000. And it was only dudes when I was there, back in the day - ancient history - now it's 5000 dudes and dudettes...

...gotta carry your own chute out to the plane? no integrated chute in the T-38 seats?

I almost cried at the video - when did they let little kids wear zoom bags... then I looked back at my cruise book photos ... I guess they let little kids wear zoom bags back then, too ... :D

That why the Navy has has the Marines, so they will have someone to dance with. ;)
We only give the Marines a ride to the fight. But, we do keep a few around to polish the decks and the Skipper's brass. :D

You guys are gonna be in deep doo-doo when the Air Force finds out that you got in their jets!

Gents,
Congrats on your assignments. Best of luck to you both.

Officially it is still the Fighting Falcon though. Viper is a fairly new, nickname. Is it not?

Not really. It's been called the Viper by pilots for at least 10-15 years.

i just call it Cool. did you get F16s as well patch? you guys gonna make it to gastons? or at least a (low level) flyby? :)

Here we go again... changing the facts to fit their version of the truth. :D

It's just an attempt to make up for not getting to land on really short runways that rock back and forth.:)

500? A carrier has more like 5000. In the 60s, standard peace time deployment on the Enterprise was 4800. In a war zone, it is more like 6000.

500? A carrier has more like 5000. In the 60s, standard peace time deployment on the Enterprise was 4800. In a war zone, it is more like 6000.
During the early 1980's, we had 5,800 on the Ike; all male. The only females we ever had aboard were a few USO ladies such as Louise Mandrell (In 1982, she had appeal her sister could only dream of! :) )

We did have a short training session where I remained aboard to host the FRAMP squadrons to get new pilots their carrier qualifications. There were about three dozen women across the airwing at the time while all of ship's company and about a third of CVW7 was still aboard.

For those who have never been to sea for a length of time, let alone aboard an aircraft carrier in all its glory, it's a very fond memory. The Air Force guys Will just have to dream about it. :)

i just call it Cool. did you get F16s as well patch? you guys gonna make it to gastons? or at least a (low level) flyby? :)

I've had Vipers since I started training. It's just news to the active duty types. :)

PS - I think Gastons is concurrent with our graduation weekend, which means we won't be able to attend.

PS - I think Gastons is concurrent with our graduation weekend, which means we won't be able to attend.
Excuses, excuses. If you REALLY loved us, you'd skip graduation and come to Gastons! :rofl::yes::hairraise:

We only give the Marines a ride to the fight. But, we do keep a few around to polish the decks and the Skipper's brass. :D

As a Naval Academy midshipman asked a Marine drill sergeant at Quantico a number of years ago; "Do you know what MARINE stands for?" He reduced the Marine to laughter with -

My A** Rides In Navy Equipment.

As a Naval Academy midshipman asked a Marine drill sergeant at Quantico a number of years ago; "Do you know what MARINE stands for?" He reduced the Marine to laughter with -

My A** Rides In Navy Equipment.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice video. Good song.

Congrats on the assignments. :yes:

Excuses, excuses. If you REALLY loved us, you'd skip graduation and come to Gastons! :rofl::yes::hairraise:

grant took the words out of my mouth.

June 8,9,10

Direct to -> 3M0 (thats zero)

see ya there

As long as it's 8000', sure.. why the hell not.. :dunno: :D

oh i understand, the only thing you can rent nearby is a Grumman. I feel bad for you, but Im sure someone will come pick you up from a nearby air force base.

Well, the Warthog has been called the Warthog for so long now that some people don't even know it's real name is the Thunderbolt II. But you know the old saying...a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. Falcon or Viper...it's still one of the hottest fighter aircraft ever to take wing!

Back